A War We Don't Belong In - Chapter 6: Mourning & Truth

Disclaimer: This is a work of fan fiction based on multiple existing anime/manga series. The characters and settings used in this story belong to their respective owners and creators, and no copyright infringement is intended. This story is purely for entertainment purposes and is not intended to infringe upon any existing intellectual property. I do not own any of the original works that inspired this fanfiction, and I fully support the original creators and their works.

(Warning Extremely Brutal and Morally Questionable Stuff Will Be Depicted, Hinted at, or Shown. Read at your own discretion. Also Psychological elements, manipulation and other not so family friendly stuff. Really, read at your own discretion.)

-Story Start-

-Third Person POV-

'She always guided my path.' A voice echoed.

...

It was a peaceful little town in the woods...

A beautiful spring afternoon.

The door to a warm home creaked open, revealing a young boy.

His eyes slowly scanned the surroundings, his eyes fixated on the figure in the kitchen.

As prompted, "Welcome back, ********! How was the park?" The woman asked, her back facing the child as she arranged some dishes.

The boy hadn't responded, instead, he approached.

Eventually arriving behind the woman.

"Mother, I don't understand."

The boy called out, his expression and tone monotone yet it had hints of curiosity and perplexion.

The mother turned around and lowered herself to the boy's height, he appeared to be no older than six.

She smiled gently, her face in front of her child, "What is it you don't understand?"

Patting his hair, she encouraged, "Ask away."

"A ball the other kids in the park played with got stuck in a sharp and spiky tree. I provided adequate reasoning that it is better to ask a parent or an adult to get it for them, instead of risking hurting themselves. They knew I was right, they couldn't deny me. Yet they didn't listen and hurt themselves. Why?"

Listening intently, the mother digested the information.

Blinking she asked, "Are they alright?"

A silent nod from her son, only to be followed up with, "An unnecessary injury."

Humming, she responded while ruffling her son's hair, "My smart boy. I'll give you some advice. This situation exemplifies the old quote very well."

She lifted a finger and smiled at the curious boy, "A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still."

She continued, "Remember this well and dwell on it. Tell me your conclusions later. Now scurry along." She pushed him forward as she chuckled and teased, "No need to leave the park every time you have a burning question to ask me, you know~?"

As he was pushed along, the boy nodded, his expression blank yet his thoughts raced at the new information his mother provided.

'She always knew the answer to any question.' A voice echoed.

-------------------------------

"What happened this time, ********?" The Mother asked warmly, her tone curious and patient as she let down the mortar and pestle that she held.