3

"Hey are you okay?" Jesse asks me. I open my door and get in the car. He follows in suit.

"Yea, I'm great, why?" I ask him. I know my face is still red from Chloe. That girl just does things to me and I don't know what to do about it. She just has this effect on me.

"Your face is really red." He laughs brushing some hair out of my face. "I guess I have that effect on you, huh?" He asks laughing a little.

"Oh yea." Sure Jesse. Whatever you want to think. I don't know why I don't just break up with him. I mean it is clear that I don't like him that much anymore. In the beginning it was nice. He kinda broke down my walls and stuff but Chloe came along and she got me too really open up and I guess I fell for her along the way. The only problem with Chloe is I don't know is she feels the same way. I could break up with Jesse and tell Chloe how I feel. With that option, I run the risk of Chloe not feeling the same and then I ruined a perfectly okay relationship.

"So I found this new restaurant that looks pretty great so I thought we could go there today." Jesse says breaking the silence of the car ride. "It has your favorite dessert. Brownie with ice cream hot fudge and whipped cream." He tells me.

"Oh that sounds nice." If that was my favorite dessert. My favorite dessert is just ice cream. I normally like a chocolate and vanilla twist with sprinkles. "How did you find this place?" I ask trying to make conversation. This feels like one of those awkward first dates.

"Oh um, I was driving one day and I drove past it." He says turning down the radio. "Or I was trying to find new places for us to go together and since this one had your favorite dessert, I decided on it." He admits. I let out a small laugh. I cover it with a cough.

"That is really sweet Jesse." I lie. Personally, I don't like making a big fuss over dates. I mean whatever floats his boat. We finally get to the place.

"It's under Swanson." Jesse tells the girl. Well this place is really nice. He made a reservation. Yea there is no way I can break up with him today. Maybe tomorrow but not today. He went through so much to plan this date. I can't break up with him today. My phone vibrates in my back pocket. Three new texts.

Emily- So when are we going to start recording and stuff?? I am just wondering! No need to rush!

Emily- Sorry that was rude! Have fun on your date! We can talk when you get back! Or whenever is fine! Whatever works best for you! Okay!

Chloe- Have fun on your date but not too much fun! ;) Don't need any little Beca's running around here. Not yet anyway! Oh and don't worry, you look hot! There is no way Jesse will keep his hands to himself!

I feel my face start to get really red after reading Chloe's text. Damn that girl.

"I didn't even say anything and you are blushing." Jesse whispers in my ear as we walk to our table. There was a time that it would send shivers down my spine. "Am I that good looking?" He asks with a small chuckle.

"Sure." I say patting him on the chest. "Whatever makes you feel good about yourself." I say laughing a little. The waitress hands us the menus and tells us she will return shortly. I wish she would have stayed. Maybe she realized how awkward this date was going to be and wanted to leave too.

"Um, so do you see anything that you like?" Jesse asks me. "I am thinking about getting the ribs. I do like ribs but maybe a burger." He says looking at me from over his menu.

"I was looking at the burger. It sounds good." I tell him, keeping my eyes on the menu. "Maybe just a salad or something." I shrug. "So many options." I say looking over the menu for the fifth time. My phone vibrates on my leg. I carefully look down at my phone as Jesse looks at his menu.

Chloe- How is the date? Is it magical and wonderful? Are there doves flying around you guys? Are there rose petals around the table?

Me- Try painfully awkward and just not fun.

Chloe- Do you need a 911 situation? Emily said she can fake a panic attack that only you know how to calm down. Stacie said she can act like she might be pregnant. We have options Becs

Me- Yea okay. We all know Stacie getting pregnant is going to happen sooner or later so... That one won't work. I will be okay. Just have some ice cream ready for me when I get home.

Chloe- Will do! Have fun!

She didn't even have to ask what kind of ice cream I wanted. She knows. I set my phone down and look up. Jesse is already staring at me. I try to brush it off as if I was just studying the menu.

"Is everything okay?" He asks me. "I mean you were on your phone. Is there an emergency or something?" He asks setting his menu down.

"Oh no." I say quickly. "Everyone and everything is fine. Chloe just had a question about Worlds and stuff." I lie to him.

"That couldn't wait until after our date?" He asks clearly pissed off.

"Dude relax." I say brushing it off. "It was just a question. It took like two seconds of conversation that wasn't happening." I remind him. "It's not a big deal." I say setting my menu down.

"It kinda is, Beca." He says trying to keep to voice down. "It seems like you only have time for the Bellas. If it isn't the Bellas, then it's Chloe." He tells me. "Whenever I try to put an effort into our dates, you are here but your mind isn't. We can barely talk anymore. When we do talk, it's always Chloe this and Chloe that. Last time I checked you weren't dating Chloe, you were dating me. Honestly I don't know if you are even dating me. So it's either me or Chloe." Is he seriously making me chose between him and Chloe? Not the Bellas but Chloe.

"I don't see how you expect me to pick between you and Chloe." I tell him running a hand through my hair. "I mean, Chloe is part of the Bellas and I am in the Bellas so that pick is not really an option." I remind him.

"You can see Chloe when it is Bella related stuff but other than that, you can't see her." He tells me. "So what is it going to be, Beca, me or Chloe?" He asks me once again.