6

"Does everyone have everything?" Beca asks the girls as we wait for our plane to be called. Everyone gives half-asleep nods. Beca's leg bounces up and down. She has never really liked flying. So add a giant ocean we have to cross. I casually slip my hand into hers and give it a squeeze. She is still looking over at the plane on the runway.

"It will be fine, Becs." I tell her. I grab her chin with my free hand and turn her face to mine. "It will be fine." I say once more.

"What if it's not?" She asks me, her leg still bouncing. "What if we crash in the middle of the ocean?" She asks me.

"Then we die." I say rather frankly. "Relax. It was a joke." I add after seeing her reaction. "You know, being afraid of planes isn't very badass. Looks like you are just one of us." I tell her. Her leg stops bouncing but she doesn't let go of my hand. "Thought so." I say smirking at her.

Soon enough, they call our flight and we all begin boarding. Beca takes the window seat, I am in the middle and Emily is on the aisle. I figured it was better to trap Beca in that way she can't run. As soon as we sit down, Beca's leg begins bouncing again. I take out my phone, waiting until I can turn it back on. I know the playlist I want. I know it will calm her down.

"The takeoff is always the worst part." Beca whispers to me. "I hate the takeoff." She mutters again. Emily looks over at us. She might be paler than Beca. Great I am stuck between two girls afraid of flying. This is going to be an interesting flight. I set my phone in my lap and take Emily's hand with my now free one. She gives me a slight smile.

After the takeoff, Beca and Emily both calm down enough that I can let go of their hands. I take my phone out and give Beca one of my earbuds. I click the playlist. Of course, our song comes on first. I look over at Beca who is already looking at me, smiling. She takes my hand in hers. She rests her head on my shoulder. I don't mind at all.

A car picks us up from the airport and brings us to our hotel. I made sure Beca and I were sharing a room. It was nothing special but it was. Sharing a room with her was something I didn't get to do at the Bellas house.

"Chlo, why is there only one bed?" Beca asks as soon as we walk into the room.

"What?" I ask finally looking at the room. "That's not right. I booked a two bed room." I tell her because I did. "I will go talk to the front desk about it and maybe see if we can get a room with two beds." I tell her.

"Don't make a big deal about it." She tells me pulling me in the room. "It's nothing we haven't done before." She reminds me.

"I know but that was before we were dating." I tell her feeling my face getting redder by the second. Beca sets her suitcase down and walks over to me. She cups my face in her hands.

"Chlo, don't worry about it. We are just sleeping and getting dressed in this room." She tells me. "We aren't doing anything that we don't want to do." She says kissing me. The truth is I wouldn't mind if we did end up hooking up. Beca and I have been getting so much closer this past year that it felt like we were dating and I think she felt the same way. She did say that her relationship with Jesse ended a year ago for year so maybe she felt the same way. "Alright?" She asks me breaking my thoughts up.

"Alright." I say smiling. She kisses me one more time. "Let's get ready for bed then." I tell her realizing it was late at night. "We have a lot to do tomorrow. All that site seeing." I say pulling the covers back in our bed. Beca crawls in next to me. I wrap my arms around her as she curls up. This is what I have been waiting for. I get to go to bed with Beca and wake up knowing everything will be perfect because there is no Jesse she will go running to, it is just us.

~~

I roll over in bed expecting to see Beca but instead I am left alone. I pull the covers back and search the room. She isn't in the bathroom or under the bed. I open the door to our room. I look down the hallway. Jesse and Beca stand in the middle clearly fighting.

"No Jesse you don't get to fly half way across the world and think that I am just going to take you back." Beca tells him. "We are done. Finished. So just leave me and Chloe alone." She says taking a step away from him.

"But babe, I still love you." He slurs clearly drunk. "Who cares about Chloe? I mean we are Beca and Jesse. Come on, we are meant to be." He tells her pushing her against the wall. "Just let me be with the girl I love." He whispers still loud enough for me to hear.

"No Jesse." Beca tries pushing him away. "I am happy with Chloe. Happier than I was with you, that's for sure." She adds. Jesse winces as if she actually slapped him.

"It has always been Chloe this and Chloe that. I am so sick of Chloe always coming between us." Jesse yells still in Beca's face.

"There is no us, Jesse." She reminds me. "We are done. We have been for a while." She tells him.

"No." He says. "I am not letting you walk away from me for Chloe." He tells her only getting closer to her face.

"Well that isn't your choice to make so let me go and just do everyone a favor and leave." Beca snaps at him. With a split second in between, Jesse raises his hand and slaps her across the face. That's when Beca finally notices me standing in the hallway. She pushes Jesse away and comes running to me. I pull her into a tight hug before pulling her into the room. We stand in the middle of the room just holding each other for a while.

"Becs?" I say pulling away a little bit. "Are you okay?" I ask her. Well that was a stupid question, Chloe. Of course she isn't okay. The guy she dated for a good four years just slapped her, why would she be okay?

"Yea I'm fine." She says, trying to smile. "Yea I'm not okay." She finally admits. "I just don't want to talk about it." She tells me. She is putting her walls back up. She is putting her walls back up because of Jesse. This is Jesse's fault.

"You guys ready to go?" Emily asks barging into the room. I look down at myself. I am still in my pjs. "I clearly see you are not ready so I will wait." She says walking out. I grab some clothes and get changed.

"You ready Becs?" I ask her. She stands up and smiles the best fake smile she can. I take her hand. "Let's go." I say to her. I kiss her on the cheek where, just an hour earlier, Jesse slapped her. "It will be okay. Me and you against the world, remember?"