Rambling and singing and that thing

"So what do you think the new Bellas will be like?" Chloe asks me as we walk into her moms house. I distance myself from her. One wrong move and she could easily figure it out. "I think they will be cool. I have faith that Emily chose a good group of girls." She continues to ramble on about the girls. Which means she's actually nervous about it. "Beca why aren't you telling me to shut up?" She asks noticing how quiet I am.

"Just enjoying your nervous rambling." I tell her smiling at her. Luckily Chloe notices Aubrey before she has a chance to question it. She runs off to hug Aubrey. Emily, Stacie and the rest of the new Bellas come walking in. I turn around and hug them both. The young girls stand around looking nervous. "Are they ready?" I ask Emily glancing back at Chloe who is still talking to Aubrey and Flo.

"We are so ready for this!" Emily exclaims getting all weird and excited. She looks back at the rest of the girls. One girl in particular catches my eye. Dark clothes, combat boots and a scowl on her face. She's a younger me. I chuckle when I see a redhead by her side who is going on and on about something. "Oh right, Beca, these are the new Bellas. Bellas this is Beca, the greatest leader in the world." Emily says moving to the side. All the girls stare at me with really big eyes.

"I'm Andi." The girl who reminds me of me says, kinda waving to me. She nudges the redhead and nods toward me. The girl instantly smiles and practically runs up to me.

"You are a legend. You created the Bellas sound. Andi is especially a huge fan of yours but she won't admit that because she claims to be too "badass" for that. She makes mixes too. Hers are good. You should listen to the." She makes sure to include air quotes when saying badass. "I'm Lindsey." The redhead exclaims holding her hand out. I shake her hand. She notices Chloe and runs off. The rest of the girls introduce themselves. I catch about half of their names. I have always been terrible with names. I glance back at Chloe who is now hitting it off with Lindsey.

"So are you and Lindsey dating?" I ask Andi once everyone else is gone. She looks at me with the widest eyes I think I have ever seen and I live with Chloe.

"What? Ew dude no. Gross!" She exclaims stepping away from me. She is blushing like an idiot. Oh young love. "We are just friends who sing acapella together. Sure she has boundary issues and loves to walk in when I'm singing in the shower but no we are just friends." She tells me trying to convince herself more than me.

"Look, Andi." I sigh trying not to laugh too much. This girl just described Chloe and I. "I spent my entire college life trying to convince myself I was in love with someone I wasn't. The person I was in love with was my best friend. And little did I know, she was in love with me too. I spent three years with someone who knew nothing about me while the person who knew everything was right under my nose. I spent so much time ignoring the facts, I lost time I could have spent loving that girl. And sure Chloe had and still has boundary issues and pushes me to be a better person and always and I mean always walked in when I was showering, but there isn't anyone else I wouldn't want to spend the rest of my life with." Throughout the whole time I'm talking, I notice Andi staring at her. "So just even if you think on the slightest chance you could love her, go for it and don't waste time like I did." I wrap up my motherly advice and nudge her a bit. She unfolds her arms and turns to me.

"Emily told us a lot about you guys and she said that no matter how cold and bitter you came across, you were the person she knew she could always count on and she was right." Andi tells me. She shoves her hands in her pockets and glancing at Lindsey. "She also said that you were the most mother like person out of everyone. And here you are giving advice to someone you barely know. So I guess Em was right and thanks. You're right. I need to tell her how I feel. I don't want to lose any time with her." She cracks a bit of a smile. I catch myself off guard when I pull her in for a hug. Surprisingly, she hugs me back. I catch Chloe staring at us. She smiles at me because she likes being a little shit and point out the fact that I'm hugging Andi because of her.