9

"You ready babe?" Chloe asks me as we start getting ready backstage. "I know we are going to kill this. But like a good kind of kill. Not the bad kind because that would imply that we are going to suck and I don't think we will." She rambles when she is nervous. I hated it before but now it's kinda cute. She continues to ramble on about everything and anything.

"Chlo." I say trying to get her to shut up. I grab her face, turning it towards me. "Calm down dude." I sigh staring at her. "You are absolutely adorable when you ramble but you need to be calm so the other girls don't start freaking out." I tell her glancing around at the other Bellas. My eyes lock on Emily who is a nervous wreck. "Especially a certain freshman." I add.

"Yeah. Okay I'm good." She says nodding her head. "I think I just needed to get that out of my system." She tells me. "We should probably get to side stage." She says to the rest of the Bellas. Maybe for the last time, together, we walk to the side of stage waiting for our turn to perform. This could be the last time we perform. Now I'm not one to get super emotional but that definitely hits me hard. If Chloe hadn't barged in on me in the shower and convinced me to audition for the Bellas, I might not be friends with any of these girls but most importantly, I might not have fallen in love with Chlo.

"I forget my scarf!" Emily exclaims breaking my thoughts up. She takes off running.

"I'll go after her." I tell the girls trying to shake the pervious thoughts out of my head. I walk down and find Emily and Benji talking. Emily grabs his face and kisses him. It's a very simple kiss. I find myself smiling.

"I was not expecting that." Benji says pulling a long chain of scarves out of his mouth. Good old Benji.

"You ready Em?" I ask nodding towards the stage.

"Uh yea." She says still seeming a little flustered.

"Hey Beca." Benji says giving me an awkward wave.

"Benji." I say waiting for Emily. She kisses him once more before following up to side stage.

"Stop it." Emily exclaims hitting my arm.

"What? I didn't say or do anything." I tell her smiling.

"Stop looking at me like that!" She exclaims as I tie the scarf around her wrist. "Seriously Beca stop." She tries not to laugh.

"Nothing going on between me and Benji' my ass." I say before taking my place next to Chloe. I slip my hand into hers and give it a little squeeze. She looks over at me and smiles, her blue eyes so big with excitement and nervousness. I could honestly stare at her all day. The German group walks in front of us, ready to take the stage. After a little bit of smack talk which I am pretty sure is just their norm, they take the stage. I look over at Chloe who looks extremely nervous. I give her hand a light squeeze. She looks over at me and smiles. I look at the rest of the girls as Fat Amy rambles on about being the most talented. All of these girls have impacted my life in such an amazing way. Without them, I wouldn't be me. And then there is Chloe. God Chloe. She has changed me the most. She broke down every wall possible to get to me and never stopped fighting for me even when she was losing hope. The girl has been in love with me since freshman year and never gave up. For that alone, she deserves the world.

"Alright guys." Chloe exclaims getting the girls attention. "I want you all to go out there and just perform." She says looking around. "This one isn't for them, this one is for us." We all out our hands in. "Sing ah on three." After the German group walks off, we are ushered on to the stage. I give Emily a little nod of encouragement. I look over at Chloe who still has the biggest smile on her face. She has given her life to the Bellas for seven years. I can only imagine what is going through her head right now.

"One, two, three." I count off before we begin. Every dance move, every lyric go perfectly. We get down to the last song. Emily's song. The lights dim and crowd is silent. The spotlight focuses on me as I sing. Slowly it grows until the whole group is singing. We go through the dance moves before setting up for the big surprise. The whole stage lights up revealing generations of Bellas, all singing. I look at Chloe as I sing. She always makes me a little less nervous on stage. If I told anyone that, I wouldn't hear the end of it. Slowly, the generation of Bellas file off stage. The spotlight focuses on Emily for the finally lyric. The crowd goes crazy.

"Oh my gosh." Emily exclaims letting out the biggest sigh of relief.

"That's for you, Em." I exclaim pointing out at the crowd. Chloe hugs me from the side. I turn away from Emily and focus on Chloe. "You did it." I tell her focusing on her blue eyes. Tears start forming in the corners.

"We did it, Becs." She says before kissing me. The crowd cheers even harder. "Well not yet anyway. We still have to find out if we won or not." She adds completely ruining the mood.

"And you call Beca the mod killer." Fat Amy jokes. Someone had to say it. "Enjoy it red." She tells Chloe. We all stand there, together on the stage, watching the crowd, taking it all in. After a few more minutes, we are ushered off stage while the judges vote on a country. Chloe begins pacing once we get back stage. Here we go.

"Chlo, sit down." I tell her patting the spot next to me. She ignores me and continues pacing. And her comes the doubting

"What if we took too big of a risk?" She begins doubting us. "What if the clapping and snapping and the original song was too much?" She asks no one in particular. "I mean that was a big risk! What if they hated it?" She turns to face me. I give her a look. She huffs and sits down next to me. I take her hand and rub my thumb across the top of hand.

"We did everything right." I tell her, trying to reassure her. "If they didn't like it, then they didn't and we know that we did the best we possibly could." I say as she rests her head on my shoulder. They send all the groups back on to the stage. We all hold hands.

"Third place." The announcer says opening the card. "Canada!" He exclaims gesturing to them. They graciously accept their trophy and go back to their spot. "Second place." He says opening the card, waiting a little while. I look over at Chloe. She is staring straight ahead. "Das Sound Machine!" I look at Chloe who seems shocked.

"Does that mean?" She asks looking at me with tears in her eyes.

"First place goes to The Barden Bellas!" He exclaims holding our trophy out.

"Now we did it!" I yell to Chloe who is now crying. I carefully wipe the tears from her eyes. "Let's go get our trophy."

____________________________________________________________
So so sorry for the lack of updating. I was on vacation and yea.. So sorry!! I hope you guys enjoy the chapter. It's kind of a filler but I promise big things are going to happen. Just wait. Until next time you lovely weirdos

-tris