5

"Alright get back in there kid." I tell her once we finish eating lunch. "We are almost done. All we need to do is fix the chorus a little bit." I tell her as she walks into the booth. She puts the headphones on and gives me thumbs up.

"Alright let's do this!" She exclaims clearly still as excited as she was before.

"What did you like so much about the German girl? Why do you like her so much?" Chloe asks as she comes storming into the studio.

"Chloe what does that have to do with anything?" I ask her turning my full attention to her. "That was really random, dude." I tell her.

"Was it the blonde hair?" She asks as she starts to pace back and forth. "No it couldn't have been the blonde hair because you dated Jesse." She says talking to herself. "Which by the way, you failed to mention you guys broke up!" She says turning towards me. "So was it the accent?" She asks me continuing the pace. "Do you have a thing for German accents? Or did you just like her blonde hair because it was something different?" She asks.

"I don't know why I liked her." I say causing Chloe to stop pacing. "Because, personally, I have a thing for red heads." I add, turning my attention back to Emily. Chloe stands there flustered at what I just said. "Now look who is blushing." I laugh.

"Beca Mitchell, do you realize what you just said?" She asks me stepping closer. "Did you just admit that you have a thing for me?" She asks still coming closer to me.

"I just said that I had a thing for red heads." I tell her, obviously playing coy. "It just so happens that you are a red head." I add. Chloe grabs the arm of my chair, spinning me to face her. "What?" I ask playing innocent.

"Did you just admit that you have a thing for me?" She asks again.

"I have no idea what you are talking about." I tell her smiling. She leans down, her face getting closer and closer to mine by the second.

"Do you know what I am talking about now?" She asks. Her lips are so close to mine. I can feel her breath on my face. "Not so innocent now." She whispers gently touching her lips to mine. They carefully move in sync. She pulls away slowly. "That's what I thought." She says laughing. I look at Emily who is currently covering her face with her hands.

"I left the mic on, didn't I?" I ask her. She nods removing her hands from her face. I look up at Chloe who is really red.

"I didn't hear anything if you didn't want me to." Emily says quickly. "I mean I obviously heard it all but I can like pretend I didn't hear any of it. Like just absolutely washed from my mind." She adds with some weird hand motions.

"Relax legacy. It is no big deal." I tell her calming her down. "I am sure the girls were betting on when that would happen so, it is no big deal." I say looking from her to Chloe. "Right, Chlo?" I ask her making sure.

"Exactly right." She says leaning down to kiss me again. "Look it happened again. It's no big deal." She tells Emily. "I will let you guys get back to work. See at the house." She says waving as she leaves. Well alright then.

"So is that why you weren't upset or mad when I told you that I saw Jesse cheating on you?" Emily asks me. I nod my head. "When did you guys break up?" She asks. "Not that it is any of my business." She adds.

"Yesterday on our date." I tell her. "Now are we going to finish this or what?" I ask her wanting to change the subject. It really isn't a touchy subject; I just prefer not to talk about it.

~~

Chloe is sitting on the front steps of the house as Emily and I are walking up. Emily runs inside, saying a quick hi to Chloe. I sit down next to her.