Wedding Planning and Unexpected Guests

"Good morning." Chloe exclaims walking into the room holding two cups of coffee and wearing nothing but her underwear and one of my shirts. She sits back in bed, handing me the cup of coffee. I give her a small kiss before turning my attention to the coffee. I take a few sips before looking over at Chlo who is already looking at me. I can tell something is on her mind and knowing Chlo, it's about the wedding. I grin at her which she views as an invitation to start talking. "So this wedding. I know what kind of wedding I want. I don't want anything too big. Just something small and intimate with our closest friends and family and clearly all the new Bellas because they will become part of the family too."

"Chloe." I laugh cutting her ramble short. "We just got engaged last night. I think we have some time to plan the wedding and figure out what we want. Plenty of time. So please just relax and enjoy the coffee." I tell her as I set my coffee down. "Or we can enjoy other things." I say kissing her. I hear her mug hit the end table. And my plan is working great.

"As much as I love this. I don't want to wait to get married. I don't want to waste anymore time." She tells me standing up from the bed. She grabs her coffee mug. She has the look on her face that tells me she did something I'm not going to like. "Plus I kinda already called my mom and told her we were thinking of getting married in a few months." Chloe sheepishly grins at me. I shake my head and laugh a little. I take the mug from the side table and stand up.

"You wanna get married in a few months?" I ask her. She nods her head with a smile that can only be described as a little kid on Christmas. "Okay let's get married in a few months. Why wait to make you Mrs. Mitchell?" I tell her before kissing her again. She grins causing the kiss to be cut short.

"I like the sound of that. Chloe Mitchell. It has a nice ring to it." She holds on up the hand with the engagement ring on it. "Don't you think?" She asks trying not to laugh. I raise an eyebrow at her. She didn't seriously just say that. I'm about to respond when we hear the front door open. Chloe's mom is here. Joy. Chloe squeals with excitement as she throws a pair of pants in before running out to greet her mom. I sigh because I am 100% in love with this girl. Who knew I would love someone as peppy as her but I do and I can't wait to make her my wife.

I grab my coffee mug before walking out into the disaster that will soon be our living room. Chloe's mom has entire suitcase full of stuff for planning the wedding. I sit down on the couch next to Chloe trying to brace myself for the day. I can get through this. I love this girl and I want to make her happy. How hard can planning a wedding be?

"God planning a wedding is so hard." I groan flinging myself on the couch.

"These flowers or the other ones?" Chloe holds up two different samples of flowers. I pretend to heavily weigh my options. I know Chloe likes the lavender ones so those are the ones I'm picking. I point to the lavender ones which makes Chloe smile. "Alright good. Me too." She exclaims setting the lavender flower next to the the table placements.

"So Beca will your mom be coming to the wedding?" Chloe's mom asks me. I take another sip of the wine not really wanting to answer the question. I haven't talked to my mom in years. I doubt she would come and I don't really think I want her there. "I spoke with your dad already. He agreed to pay for half of this. Which is extremely nice of him. He's bringing a date and your sister already said she would come according to your dad anyway." Mrs. Beale continues to drone on and on about my family and whether or not my mother will make an experience. I'm too hung up on the fact that my sister is coming. We haven't spoken in a while either. Last I heard she was stationed in Iraq. Didn't think to even invite her because I didn't think she would be able to come. 

"I'll call my mom and let you know." I tell Mrs. Beale trying to get her to shut up. "I'll be right back." I tell Chloe giving her a kiss on the cheek.

I pull out my phone and scroll through my contacts until I find her name. She probably won't show. She says she will show then the day before, she will bail. It's what always happened growing up. Always said she was going to be there then at the last minute she would call and say that something came up and she wasn't going to make it. I get her schedule is busy but I'm her family. Reluctantly I press the call button.

Just like all the previoud times I've called, it goes to voice mail. "Uh hey it's Beca. Um so I don't know if you heard from dad or not but I'm getting married. Her name's Chloe and she is the most amazing person I have ever met. You would like her. She is very bubbly and fun to be around. Anyway I hope you can make the wedding. It would mean a lot. Alright. Bye." I shove the phone back into my pocket. I feel like I can't breathe. My hands find my knees as I bend over trying to catch my breath and calm myself down.

"You okay?" Chloe asks from behind me. I turn a little bit so I can see her. She is leaning against the doorway. I give her the best smile I can. She doesn't buy it. She makes her way over to me. She pulls me up right before hugging me. "You're okay. That was brave of you and I'm so proud of you. I know that was hard on you." She whispers while rubbing my back. "I love you and will always be your family." She kisses me to reassure that statement. I nod my head. What would I do without this girl.

After a few more minutes of hugging and a few more kisses, we walk back to the living room. Chloe's mom is still hard at work. A few of the new Bellas are now there as well. Emily is talking to Mrs. Beale about something wedding related. Chloe and I sit on the couch. That little episode is going to cause Chloe to stick to me like glue. The girl cares and that's all I could ask for. Every so often, she kisses my cheek or whispers that she loves me. It definitely helps.

Through all of the craziness,  we get a small break when someone knocks on the door. Probably our neighbors saying we are too loud. Can't say we haven't gotten that complaint before. (A/N yes that was a sexual joke). Emily runs over while Chloe and I are trying different cakes and wine. Definitely my favorite part.

"I'm sorry do I know you?" I hear Emily ask the person at the door. I glance up to find my mother standing there with the biggest smile on her face.

"Well you should!" She exclaims rather loudly. "I'm the mother of the bride." She laughs inviting herself in. She is going to lose it when she finds out she isn't the only mother of the bride. I hide my face in Chloe's shoulder.

"We are so dead." I sigh before turning to face my mother. "Mom what are you doing here?" I ask jaw only a little clenched.

"I'm here to plan the wedding. The mother of the bride always helps. I mean we are paying for it." She exclaims with the fakest smile on her face. I glance over at Chloe who gives me the "you're dead look". I realize my mom and Chloe will probably kill me by the time this is all over. "And I need to meet the groom." She adds in. Oh ya so dead. An awkward silence fills the room. You can literally reach out and touch the awkwardness. No one reallu dares to move a muscle. I catch Andi who raises an eyebrow at me.

"Well mom you will be waiting forever to meet a groom. For me at least. There is no groom. Only a wife." I tell her taking Chloe's hand. "And if you can't handle that then you can leave now." I say gripping Chlo's hand a little tighter. She gives me a little squeeze of reassurance.

She doesn't say anything. She sits there and stares at Chloe and I. I can see the wheels turning and I know she is about to say something but I'm not sure what and that is what scares me.