16

*Chloe's P.O.V**

She's gone. Just like that. She leaves and heads right to Emily. I mean sure they fight was bad but we have gotten into worse fights before we started dating and Beca never left. This time was different. I could feel the pain in her voice when she talked. I could see the aftermath of the fight. It's not that I wanted to push her away but I had to.

Sighing, I pull myself off the couch and walk into the kitchen. I grab the bottle of wine that is already stained with lipstick. I slowly press the bottle to my lips knowing just a few hours ago Beca had her lips pressed to it. I grab a cold piece of pizza before sitting back down on the couch. I study our apartment. The lamp is broken, stuff is everywhere, and beca's phone lies shattered on the ground. This mess was what my life was. A mess. I pushed such an amazing person away and now I am a mess.

"Hey Chlo." Emily says through the door, lightly knocking. She just lets herself in. "Hey." She sighs looking around at the mess. She then sights at me. "Well seems like you and Beca are doing the same thing; drinking your problems away." Emily tries to joke but it is honestly no use. I just want to see Beca and tell her I'm sorry. "Well I came over to make sure you were okay." Emily says clearly lying. I set... Okay more slam the bottle of wine down on the table. I walk back to our room and grab a bag. I throw some of her favorite things to wear in the bag along with her favorite pair of my sweatpants and sweatshirt.

"Grab her toothbrush. It's the blue one." I tell Emily making sure to include beca's laptop charger and everything she will need. Emily hands me the toothbrush and sits down on the bed. I shove it in the slide. With shaky hands I reach to the back of my neck and unclip the clasp of the necklace Beca got me after we won Worlds.

"Let's go shopping. Buy some fun stuff to remember such a fun time." I say standing in front of Beca who is currently seated on our hotel bed. She takes my hand, pulling me closer to her. "Then we can kiss and take cute pictures and spend some alone time together. It will be perfect." I tell her kissing her forehead. She rubs her thumb over the top of my hand.

"Or we could stay in the room and spend some alone time together." She whispers as she attempts to pull me down on the bed. She notices that I'm not moving or falling for her. "Fine." She sighs releasing my hand to grab her shoes. She grabs her purse before shutting the door behind us.

"Where are you two headed?" Stacie asks us right as we get out of our room. Emily stands to the side of her smiling like a goof. "Are you going shopping?" She asks getting excited. I nod my head while Beca sighs and mumbles something about just wanting to spend time alone. "Em and I were going to go shopping too! Let's go." Stacie exclaims dragging us all down the hallway.

Stacie and Emily drag us in and out of every shop imaginable. We walk into this cute little jewelry shop. Beca wanders off somewhere with Emily while Stacie flirts with the girl at the counter. Beca places her hands on my hips and her head on my shoulder. She lightly kisses my cheek. "So much for being alone huh?" She quietly laughs kissing my cheek again. Her fingers trail along my hips before they are gone. I glance around looking for Beca or Emily or even Stacie. I follow Emily's giggles into a corner of the shop where her and Stacie are looking at some bracelets. Stacie has an arm wrapped around Emily's waist.

"What are you looking at?" Beca asks me wrapping her arms around my waist and placing her head on my shoulder. "Are they a thing? She then proceeds to ask me. I shrug considering I'm not really sure and I'm pretty sure her and Benji broke up so it's always a possibility. "You two ready to head back to the hotel?" Beca asks them breaking up their little moment.

"Oh yea." Emily mutters quickly jumping away from Stacie. She walks more like runs out of the store, grabbing Beca along the way. I grab Stacie's hand pulling her back towards me.

"What was that about?" I ask her nodding my head towards Emily and Beca. "Clearly something so don't even try and deny it. Out with it." I say nudging her in the ribs with my elbow. Her smile falters a bit before she shrugs.

"We are just friends." She says more trying to convince herself than me. "She just broke up with Benji and just needs a good shoulder to cry on. I am being that shoulder so we are just friends." She keeps rambling on. It's kinda funny hearing someone else ramble instead of me, for once.

"Well just remember Beca and I started off as just friends and I was her shoulder to cry on." I remind her smiling at the memories of Beca and I before we started dating. We leave Emily and Stacie and head back to our room. I won't be surprised if Beca is pissed about our lack of alone time.

I watch her as she sits down on the bed and turns the tv on. She pats the empty space next to her. I jump on the bed and curl up next to her. I rest my head on her chest as we watch some random show. She wraps an arm around. Her hand lies on my back as her fingers trace circles on my shoulder blade. She leans down and kisses my forehead. "I got something for you." She mumbles using her free hand to grab something from the side table.

"When did you get me something?" I ask her sitting up a bit just to watch as she sets the box in between us. "The jewelry shop?" I ask her already knowing the answer to my stupid question. I pick it up and open it. A small heart necklace lies in the box. I pick it up, running my thumb over the top. Carefully etched into the heart is the saying, "remember you are my happy ending." I flip it over and a date is on the back.

"It's the day you snuck into the shower with me. I believe that is the day I fell in love with you whether I realized it or not." Beca tells me clarifying the date. She takes it out of my hands and puts it on for me. "I just wanted you to know that you are my happy ending even if we forget it at some point." She says before kissing me. "I love you." She smiles our lips only separated the slightest but it feels like miles because I just want her lips on mine.

"Chloe!" Emily shouts waving her hand in front of my face. The necklace is clasped in my hand against my chest. I can feel the tears streaming down my face. "You okay?" She asks me. Unwillingly I place the necklace in the bag. I know Beca will understand. She has to know I still want to be her happy ending. She has to know.