4

I walked into the Bellas house after the disaster of a date. The girls were all curled up on the couch and floor watching some movie. I walked straight past them and up to my room. Why did Jesse actually make me chose? Who seriously does that? As much as I want to slam the door shut, I don't. I didn't expect it to be this hard. The choice I made wasn't easy. It was anything but easy.

Someone knocks on the door. "Come in." I sigh falling on to the bed already knowing it's going to be Chloe. The bed dips down next to me.

"Here." She says handing me a bowl of chocolate and vanilla twist with sprinkles. The girl knows me too well. "How was your painfully awkward date?" She asks lying back.

"It was fine. After that text the conversation kind of picked up." I tell her which isn't far from the truth. We definitely had a conversation. "Then the food came so that was nice." I say eating some of the ice cream.

"That sounds nice." She sits up staring at me. "If your date was so nice, what's wrong?" She asks me. I sit up and look at her.

"How do you know anything is wrong?" I ask her eating some more ice cream.

"Because I can read you like a book, Bec. When something is wrong with you, I know. You are my best friend." She reminds me. I knew Chloe knew me pretty well but the fact that she actually knew something was wrong. "So what is wrong?" She asks me again.

"We just got into a minor fight." I tell her. It was anything but minor. "I guess it was Jesse's time of month." I joke with her.

"What was the fight about?" She asks pushing me to open up.

You. "It was nothing. No big deal. I am sure we will figure it out sometime soon." I reassure her.

"Well don't forget we are leaving for Worlds in like a few days." She reminds me. She stands up to leave the room. "Isn't that crazy? Seems like just yesterday we were apologizing for Fat Amy's misshape." She says laughing a little.

"That is crazy." I agree with her.

"Well good night!" She exclaims ready to walk out.

"Chloe wait!" I tell her. I pull the covers out from under me and pat the bed. "Cuddle?" I ask her. I eat some more of the ice cream before offering the bowl up to her. She sighs and then laughs before climbing into bed, next to me. I feed her some ice cream. We slide down under the covers. She wraps one of her arms around me. She always likes being the big spoon.

I just don't have the heart to tell her tonight. I just can't. Not tonight. I will tomorrow.

"Hey Beca when do you think- Oh shit sorry!" Legacy says shutting the door quickly. I look back at Chloe who is laughing.

"At least we weren't naked." Chloe jokes pulling the covers off of both of us. We walk down to the kitchen where Emily is sitting, biting her nails. "Stop it." Chloe says pulling her hand away from her mouth. I hand her two mugs for coffee.

"We warned her but she didn't listen." Fat Amy says laughing.

"We weren't doing anything. We were just cuddling." I tell them taking the coffee from Chloe. "No big deal." I add looking at Emily who has the reddest face. "I was thinking we could work today. That way the song is done before Worlds." I tell her standing next to Chloe.

"That sounds great!" Emily exclaims jumping off the stool. "I will go get ready now." She runs off to her room. Well alright then.

"I guess I have to get ready then too." I laugh walking to my room. Chloe follows closely behind. Maybe I don't have to tell her. Maybe I can keep it a secret. At least for now. She sits down on my bed, sipping her coffee. "What?" I ask once I notice she is staring at me.

"Just admiring the view." She says throwing in a wink at the end. I start blushing, hard. "Well Beca, I just made you blush again." She laughs. After getting ready, Emily and I head to the studio.

"So I wasn't going to say anything but that never works for me." Emily says as we walk in. "I was hanging out with Benji last night and I noticed Jesse kinda making out with some chick that kinda wasn't you." Emily says messing with the necklace she is wearing. "Like so I just thought you should know because that means he cheated on you." She tells me. "But you don't seem upset." She adds looking at me. "Wait did you break up with Jesse?" She asks.

"Get your cute little butt in there." I tell her avoiding the question. Still confused, she walks around to the booth. I think I handled that well. "Alright you ready?" I ask her.

"This is like the real deal." She exclaims looking at the mic. "Look at this thing." She says now looking at me.

"Yea don't touch anything. You are cute but you seem very clumsy, Legacy." I tell her turning up her mic.

~~

"Let's take a break." I tell her. She walks back out of the booth and sits down next to me. "This is going really well. Hopefully my boss likes this but don't tell him we were in here because I am pretty sure that would get me fired." I say taking a sip of water.

"So are we not going to talk about the whole Jesse thing?" She asks me. "Because if we aren't, I mean that's cool. Like I understand it is your personal life and stuff. I just need to know whether we should talk about it or not. Like he did cheat on you which is really douchy but I mean if you are still into him, that's cool with me." She rambles on.

"Don't worry about it. Everything will be taken care of." I tell her trying to get her to kinda shut up. All I have to do is tell Chloe. How hard could that be?

________________________________________________________________

Hope you guys are enjoying the story so far! If not well that is just unfortunate. I will probably be updating quickly because I have the next few chapters kinda mapped out and I am excited about it!

Make sure you guys comment and vote! Thanks for reading you weirdos!

-tris