Chapter 3

"Let's party!" Ashton roared his words on the dancefloor.

Clubs here in states are much wilder. Much liberated. People are almost naked and having sex on the corners, and this is all normal for them.

I sat on one of the stools as I watched Ashton make its way to me. "Kuya, loosen up. I have girls for you." Then he gave me his signature smirk.

Tumabi siya sa akin at inakbayan ako. Months have already passed since Mom went home and this isn't the first time I'm gonna be at the club with Ash.

"Look at them, Kuya." He pointed at a group of girls looking at us too. "They are all regulars here and they like you...pipili ka lang Kuya. They've been bugging me for weeks to ask you about it."

They all looked at us with drinks in their hands as they laughed and teased each other. Tumaas lamang ang kilay ko.

I am not into this kind of relationship. I am preserving myself to the girl I am gonna marry. It is very traditional and conservative but that's just who I am.

"No, Ash." Tumalikod ako at humarap sa counter. I heard him groan.

I asked for another drink and the bartender gave me a shot quickly.

"Kuya try it for once, they are good at fucking." He licked his lips then looked at me, still smirking.

Tumaas lamang ulit ang kilay ko sa lintaya niya. Gaston should be here, pareho sila, but Gaston is a changed man now. But if he isn't, I'm sure they will be best of friends. 

He then lit up his cigarette. He gave me one stick and I accepted it and lit mine too.

Ashton is very liberated. And his looks, well, he is devilishly handsome but his playboyness is just over his bright and playful aura. One look and you know he is a playboy, a dangerous playboy.

I puffed the smoke and looked at the girls again, obviously waiting for my signal. Ash then tapped my back.

He smirked at me. "I've got mine tonight, I'll go first."

I watched him walk out of my sight as he walked to the sea of people. I continued drinking on my own, which I prefer. Muli akong tumalikod at tinuloy ang pag inom ng mag isa.

Masterals are stressful, though I enjoy my work. I needed time to unwind and drinking alone in a sea of drunk people was my cup of tea. Ayoko rin naman na mag isa lang talaga ako, o kaya ay sa bahay lang. I need at least to hear the loud sound of the club for it. That is why I am with Ash today.

"Sandro?" I heard a woman at my back and I quickly rotated my body to see her face.

"Perry…" I uttered as soon as I recognized her.. She is a filipino-american. My classmate and a friend, I guessed? I've talked to her several times already because of school. And she is my only Filipina classmate.

"Oh God! You are here!" She settled herself beside me while smiling, unexpected to see me here.

"I thought you're gonna just study all night long." She then laughed. "Mr. Genius." She added more.

"Marunong ka rin palang mag club?" Then she looked at my drink and cigarette. "Cigarettes and hard liquor too?" She looked at me unbelievably.

"Just to unwind. Papers are stressful." I simply explained.

She laughed more at my answer. Then she looked at me from head to toe. Her eyes sparkled as she looked at me. "You look so hot… probably the hottest man in here. My friends on the other table have been talking about you...kaya pinuntahan kita. I was shocked as soon as I saw you!"