Chapter 23

"Aalis na ako." We all looked at their Nanay as she leaned on their door frame.

"I'll call a tricycle for you." I insisted and was supposed to stand up when she shook her head.

"No need. Dito ka na lang. Marami naman diyan sa labasan." She dismissed.

The twins then ran towards her and she quickly kneeled. They kissed her cheeks soundly after.

"Mag-ingat ka Nanay." They said both in union.

I was in awe as I looked at them in front of me. Again, I never thought that I would feel this content just seeing them this way. It was such a sight to see. And a rare one.

She went off at kami na lang tatlo ang naiwan. I looked at them as they were both watching me excitedly. Tila ba naghihintay lang sila ng sasabihin ko o ipapagawa.

"Tatay, it is our bath time. Let's take a bath now!" Thiago excitedly suggested.

I automatically smiled and nodded. They started rummaging through their clothes cabinets again and I helped them with it. They are both so enthusiastic as if we are gonna bath in a resort or swimming pool. But their happiness and excitement right now is all probably because this is their first experience with me.

They are excited to do things with me. These little things that I wasn't able to do with them earlier in their life. Hindi ko maiwasang makaramdam ng sakit sa sariling iniisip.

I deprived them with this kind of experience for years. And to see them get excited made me realize how much I should work harder for them. To keep them.

After deciding on their clothes, I looked for my phone. "Okay. What do you want for your snacks today?"

"Cake. I wanted chocolate  cake, Tatay." Yesh jumped excitedly.

I looked at Thiago and he is now looking at her sister. "Cake for me too, Tatay." Marahan nitong sambit.

"But add Nanay's favourite too. It's yema cake." Thiago added more.

Namangha ako sa sagot niya. I never thought that he would know Sevie's favourite. I ruffled his hair and smiled.

"Then we'll buy another one for your Mom." Pagkatapos ko iyong sabihin ay kaagad silang ngumiti.

I dialled Arnold's number as the two of them waited for me. Just a few rings and he picked up his phone.

"Sir? Where are you? Are you still asleep? You are late, Sir! " Sunod-sunod nitong tanong.

Napahinga naman ako ng malalim. I could sense the panic in his voice. I cleared my throat. I need to tell him about my situation.

"Deliver me a chocolate and yema cake. I'm gonna text the address to you." I calmly instructed him.

"Nasaan po ba kayo? Malapit na pong---"

"I'll send the address and you'll meet me." Simpleng paliwanag ko.

I heard nothing on the other line for a few seconds. "Sige po."

"Thank you. I'll explain my situation later."

We ended our call and after which, I texted him the address. I bathed the kids and they were enthusiastic about it as we took our time doing it. Pagkatapos ay tinulungan ko rin silang magpalit ng damit. No. Actually, they don't need my help, they could do things on their own kahit na kaninang naliligo pa sila.

They can already do things independently. And I wasn't there when they needed assistance the most. Napahinga ako ng malalim ng pumasok ulit ang mga panghihinayang sa akin.