Chapter 26

She didn't accept it. That's the only thing running in my mind right now. Napabuntong hininga ukit ako tumingin sa kambal na tulog na.

Umikot ako at pumunta sa pwesto ni Yesh, I put my palm on her forehead as my eyes travelled to where her heart was. I breathed in deeply as I slowly touched and felt her heartbeat.

Parang akong malalagutan ng hininga ng maramdaman ko ang marahan nitong tibok. Napapikit ako ng mariin. She is fine now. She is now healed. We just need to be careful on her diet and environment.

If ever she allows me to bring them to Manila, I will make sure that she will get the best doctors for her future check ups. And if ever...they would like to stay in the Metro then I will make sure that their environment is safe. Muli ay hindi ko maiwasang pagmasdan siya ng may pag aalala.

We played and studied all day long. I became conscious of my cooking as I researched what food is good for her condition. We still need to monitor her food intake. That is why I made sure that they eat their veggies and fruits well.

I kissed their cheeks and went out of their room carefully. It is almost nine and I just need to wait for her. As much as I wanted to sleep here now, we didn't talk about it yet. At ayoko ring namang pangunahan siya sa bagay na ganito.

I cleaned the kitchen again while I waited for her, I cooked our dinner and of course she doesn't have a choice but to eat my cooking. Not bad.

Pero magpahanggang ngayon ay hindi pa rin mawala sa isipan ko ang pagtanggi niya sa gawa ko. I felt like a rejected suitor on that one and I don't know why it is such a big deal to me?

Fuck! Maybe I should do better next time. Or maybe I need to attend another cooking and baking class? I probably need to schedule one. I need to level up my skills.

After which, saktong pagtingin ko sa labasan mula sa bintana nila ay siya namang pagbaba niya mula sa isang tricycle. I quickly opened the front door and went out.

She is now locking the gate as I approach her.

"Kamusta ang mga bata?' She asked as she locked their gate.

She then faces me and I can't help but look at her from head to toe. I wonder if someone flirted with her, asked for her number while she was at work? What about her co-workers? Or what about her? Wala man lang ba siyang nagustuhang iba pagkatapos ng ilang taon?

She is very beautiful. And I am sure someone out there tried to talk to her. Imposibleng wala. And I am just glad that she isn't in a relationship right now.

I avoided her eyes when I found her serious eyes, caught me looking at her.

"You can go home now. Magpahinga ka na rin." She dismissed me. And it just sounded so bad.

She is my home. The children are my home. Kaya bakit pa ako uuwi sa iba?

Of course, I am asking for too much already. It is bad, I know, but I can't help it.

Nauna na siyang naglakad at kaagad naman na akong sumunod. Napabuntong hininga ulit ako ng nakarating na kami sa loob. I don't wanna go home yet but I have no choice.

"I'll just get my things." She just nodded at me then went to her room.

Kinuha ko lamang ang susi, pitaka at cellphone ko sa may dining. Mabigat at mabagal ang bawat galaw ko. Pagkatapos ay ininit ko na rin ang kakainin niya ngayong gabi, after which I walked towards her door and stood there.

At kahit na mabigat sa loob ko. "Sevie, I'll go home now." I need to really go home now.

I just waited for a few moments and she went out. My eyes quickly scanned her fit, a simple white t-shirt and shorts. I looked at her again from head to toe and I couldn't help but swallow hard.