Chapter 18

Yesterday, I just wore my plain white collar and maong pants. And now, I made sure I've got my best suit and shiny black shoes. I combed my hair once more and scanned my whole body.

She will be serving me the whole day, in her waitress uniform...she looks so good on it...napalunok ako ng malalim sa sariling iniisip at napakagat ng labi. I shook my head trying to remove all my unwanted thoughts.

I looked at my wrist watch and it's almost nine, just the right time for my breakfast.

Alright. I am satisfied with it. I breathed in deeply and I was supposed to open my room when my phone rang. Napahinto ako.

I looked for my phone and Papa is calling me. I quickly answered it. "Hello? Pa?"

"Gunner, anak. I am sorry but can you attend the zoom meeting? It will happen by nine and will be finished by 12."

Kaagad na gumuho ulit ang inaasahan kong pagkakataon na makita siya. I closed my eyes tightly and I just wanted to curse now.

"It is an important meeting and my secretary oversched it.  I have a very important meeting right now."

I touched my forehead. Bigla atang sumakit ang ulo ko sa narinig. But I have no choice.

"Yes, Papa. I could attend it right now." Halos pikit ko ng sagot.

I heard Papa sigh heavily. "Thank you. I'll send you the link right now."

Our call ended and I didn't have a choice to open my laptop and sat on my office chair. My phone rang again and Arnold was calling this time.

"Good morning, Sir. I am outside your room, Sir." 

Muli akon napa buga ng hangin. "I won't go down until 12. I have a very important and urgent meeting."

"Then shall I order your breakfast, Sir?"

"Yes. Deliver it to my room, please." I am so disappointed and I don't have any choice.

"No problem, Sir." Then I ended our call.

I received the link and I quickly clicked it. It is already nine.

I breathed in deeply again and tried to look interested as the meeting started. 

My eyes kept on looking back and forth at my door and the camera. Papa said that it was important and it is indeed, but my mind is just nowhere to be found. It is not working at all and I am just trying so hard to digest all the information.

I spoke a little bit over my opinion and after which, I tried to not be as involved as possible. Our meeting is all about the possible expansion on U.S investment for hotels.

I did my best to stay awake and active until 12 but I got so disappointed when they announced that our meeting will continue until three in the afternoon. This is pissing me off right now.

God! Can I even talk to her at this point? Is this my sign that I will bever stand a chance? A sign to give up? Fuck! No. This isn't a sign for me to give up. I am just starting and I won't give up that fast.

"Arnold, my meeting was extended until three, order and deliver my lunch. Thank you." I ended the call right after.

I groaned as I put down my phone. This scene wasn't in my head as I planned my trip here. But I can't really foresee the future and here I am.

I finished my lunch as fast as I could. And had some advanced working. Arnold was also beside me as I gave him some work. I need to advance more to have more extra time in the future.

And at one, our meeting resumed and I tried so hard to listen very well. I tried to absorb details and the plans that were suggested and I just need to review those after this.