Chapter 30

"There will be a huge shift on our materials starting next year, and we've been discussing these possibilities since last year…"

I looked at Dad as he discussed our agenda for today. As much as I wanted to listen carefully and intently, my mind was left behind at home with the kids and her. This is just my first day in the metro but I am already planning in my mind how to surprise them.

Dad then looked at me as he talked. Napahinga ako ng  malalim, this is an important meeting for the company so I need to take it more seriously. And this is for the kids and for her too.

So for the remaining hours, I've tried so hard to maintain my concentration.

"Are you okay, anak?" Dad asked after the meeting. We are going home but I'll be staying in my penthouse. Dad will come with me because Mom is already there waiting for us for our dinner. Pagkatapos ay uuwi na rin sila.

I looked at him and smiled a little bit. "Yes, Dad."

He looked at me critically then nodded his head slowly, as if I was lying.

"I am so sorry for this urgent meeting, I just need your presence because it is too crucial."

Kaagad akong umling.

"Sorry to disturbed your vacation with your own family." He added more.

My mind went blank again as I processed his words. My own family? I could suddenly feel my insides swelling from too much happiness. Parang hindi totoo. Right...I have my own family...and they're waiting for me to return. I have already made a family on my own. 

I can't help but smile and feel at peace. Ganito pala ang pakiramdam na maisip na may naghihintay sayo. That someone is waiting for you at home...that someone is waiting for your return.

I then looked at Dad and smiled. He is right, someone is waiting for me, and it's my own family.

“You are here, Iho!”

Mom already prepared everything in the dining room when we reached my penthouse. She smiled at me widely and kissed my cheeks.

I smiled at her warmly.

We made ourselves comfortable as we started eating our dinner. This is my first dinner with them after staying in Ilocos for many months already.

“How were the kids? And Sevie?” Mom started firing her questions.

“They are fine…and we'll talk about your visitation after I come back.”

Mom's eyes went wide upon my revelation and quickly her eyes went misty. Dad held her hand on the table as they both looked at me, pleased with my news.

“Maghihintay kami, anak…tell Sevie that we are not rushing her.” Dad supplemented.

I gave them a warm smile. It's been one of their dreams to meet the twins and of course, Sevie. I sent them some pictures but of course it wasn't enough, and they are even more eager than ever to finally meet them.

“Well decide on it and I will give you a call.” I added more.

We had our dinner peacefully and then they decided to leave my penthouse. Mom kissed me goodbye and she will be back again tomorrow for our dinner.

I showered after eating and I need to make a call at home after. I wore my black sando and sweatpants, it is almost seven and it's just the right time for me to call them.

I opened my messenger and tapped her profile, then requested for a video call.

Not even a few seconds passed and she quickly answered it.