Chapter 20

"Starting tomorrow, you will have to make a meal plan for me."

I looked at her calmly after she delivered my dinner while her eyes looked at me widely. I started eating my dinner and she remained looking at me, shocked with what I said.

"No questions." I added more then looked at her. "I'll eat anything you serve, Sevie." I said it almost in a whisper this time.

Her eyes went wider with what I said while I avoided her gaze. I cleared my throat instead and drank some of my water.

"Sige." I quickly gulped down my water as soon as I heard her. I looked at her and she is now hurriedly entering the resto.

Hindi ko mapigilan na mapangiti pagkatapos. That was...adorable. She is adorable.

Our relationship kindly improved after that? Although, we remained casual. She has become more relaxed around me. And I didn't see the Doctor again and I just felt so relieved because of it.

But we didn't talk about the children anymore. I am itching so bad to talk about it but I am afraid she would deny it as soon as I talk about it. And I am just starting to build a simple relationship between us, a simple conversation. I am afraid everything will end as soon as I talk about them.

And I need to talk to one more person. I need her permission and I want to apologize too. I need more time to do it. I will need to extend my stay here in Ilocos.

"Yes, Sir? May problema po ba tayo?" I entered their manager's office. 

I need to talk to him to adjust Sevie's lunch time. It is not appropriate for her to eat lunch too late. I need to request another schedule for her.

"I have a request to make." I said seriously.

Kitang-kita ko ang pagdaan ng kaba sa mukha niya. He cleared his throat as he tried smiling at me. "Yes, Sir? What is it?"

"Sevie's lunch should be 12 to 1." I said it directly.

And now, he is shocked. He laughed a little bit to mask his shock expression. "I mean, pwede naman po dahil personal server naman niya po kayo ngayon. Though, she actually helps during lunch time kasi po sobrang rami ng customers pero as long as it won't interfere with your lunchtime, sir. Wala naman pong problema." He answered me, confused at my own request.

Tumango lamang ako. That will do good.

"Okay, Sir. Meron pa po ba?" Alanganin nitong tanong.

Kaagad akong umiling. "None, thank you."

The next morning, I thought she's gonna talk about her changed schedule but she remained silent. She delivered my dinner and I couldn't help myself again but looked at her intently. She is walking towards me and my eyes travelled again to her body.

She matured so much. And I…

I cleared my throat as she put down my order but my eyes remained intently looking at her. I saw her arms slightly shaking and I honestly don't know what to feel. If she is shaking because she is afraid then I don't want it.

But if she is afraid because she still feels something towards me then...napalunok ako sa sariling iniisip. The latter would be good, it would be in my favor. But it is still early to conclude things. We were civil and we didn't cross anything more than that. And I am just probably imagining things again.

"I will be staying here for another month." I blurted out before he could even turn her back at me.

She looked at me in shock.

"You will be my personal server for another month." Or you could be my...girlfriend? The latter would fit her more.

"Ha? Bakit?" This time, I was the one who was quite shocked because she almost screamed at me.