Chapter 4

My life in the U.S went like that. It might sound too boring but this is just how I live. Actually, Perry's company wasn't that bad. She is loud and I think I need it once in a while. But she is just hard to control, she is too energetic.

I looked at her as we finished our research in the library. Then she suddenly looked at me, caught me looking at her.

She smirked at me but I just shrugged it off. Alam ko na kung ano ang tumatakbo sa isipan niya.

She stopped typing. "Ano na! May gusto ka na sa akin?"

And she is just very assuming too.

I didn't mind her question and continued typing on my own. Then I heard her little chuckles.

"Siguro nagkakagusto ka na sa akin no? Hay! Ang hirap talagang maging maganda." She even flipped her hair.

And she is very extra.

"Pero tandaan mo! Huwag mo ng ituloy, I don't like you Gunner. Kahit ikaw pa ang pinaka hot na nakilala ko, hinding-hindi na ako titikim ulit ng Pilipino!" She loudly and proudly said that even the other table looked at us.

And she is very embarrassing to be with too.

I just raised my brows at her. "Not in my standards."

I heard her gasps. "Hoy! Ang kapal ng mukha mo! Pasalamat ka pinag tyatyagaan kita makasama---"

"I'm done." I fixed my things and quickly stood up.

I heard her little curses and I just chuckled more.

My months continued just like that. Aside from her company with my research, my work gave me another glimpse of my course, and I just enjoy it so much.

"That was very impressive, Sandro!" Our head engineer praised me after my presentation.

I shook hands with him as Tito and Tita looked at me proudly.

"Aren't you really gonna work here? You're an asset!" He praised me more.

"Thank you for the offer Mr. Smith, but I have something waiting for me in my home country."

We talked about it many times before.

"But do you have a girlfriend, perhaps? I have a daughter. You might like her."

I lowly chuckled. This isn't new to me. "My apologies Mr. Smith, I don't have any plans and time for that now."

He raised both of his brows at me. "You got it all, huh? The looks and the brain. How lucky your girl is gonna be!"

We just both chuckled.

We all went home after work. I have my own car and so is my Tita and Tito, pero magkasunod lamang kami.

"Gunner!"

I was supposed to lock my door that night after parking my car when I heard someone calling me. I opened it, and as soon as I recognized who it was. Lumawak ang pagkakangiti ko. He is here.

Gaston is here.

"Gunner!" He walked and I just stood there in my door, smiling at him.

"What are you doing here?!" I can't help but smile.

He hugged me tightly and I hugged him tight too.

He playfully punched my stomach. "Of course, I'm here to pester your life for a little while, I heard from Ash that it is too boring."

I chuckled at his remarks. I mean, what do I expect from him? Puro kalokohan lang naman ang nasa isipan niya.

I invited him inside. We were in the kitchen as we both cooked our dinner. He was here early in the morning but I went out early too, hindi na kami nagkaabutan.