Chapter 13

It was sunday and it only means that I'm gonna be visiting my parents at home. It was my Moms idea to visit them every Sunday as much as possible, and I can't say no.

I looked at our home and stopped my car right in front of it. Kaagad na may bumabang katulong upang salubungin ako.

"Good morning, po Sir. Hinihintay na po kayo nina Ma'am para sa pananghalian niyo." 

"Thank you." I simply thanked her as I made my way through the dining. 

Nasa malapit na ako ng may marinig pa akong ibang boses. Mom and Dad weren't the only people in the dining room right now.

I removed my sunglasses and from here I could see familiar faces that I have met during my Mom's party for my exam. I let out a heavy sigh. I already know where this is going. 

"Sandro, anak!" Mom stood up and excitedly walked towards me.

I kissed her forehead and she pulled my arms towards them. "Can you still remember Catherine and your Tita Slyvia? You met them during your party."

I looked at the daughter as I pulled my chair out. Mom was seated beside the mother while the daughter was seated beside me. Just great.

"Yes, Mom." I plainly said as I looked at Tita Sylvia

Other people joining our dinners or lunch was rare. Most of the time it was just us. O kaya ay ang mga pinsan ko. It's rare to see strangers at our table. And it only means that they came here for something important, and of course I am already aware of what it is all about.

"That's good to know, Iho." She smiled at me.

Napunta naman ang tingin ko sa anak niyang katabi ko lang rin. Her eyes were twinkling as she looked at me.

I looked at Mom seriously and she just avoided my gaze. I looked at Papa then he just shrugged his shoulders off. I breathed in deeply, then I had no choice but to handle it myself.

"Congrats, Iho! You are already the CEO!" She commented again.

I just nodded my head as I chose my food. 

"Do you want this one?" I was quite shocked when Catherine handed me a plate of buttered shrimp. Her cheeks were so red and her hands were even trembling a little bit as she held the platter.

"No thanks. I am allergic to shrimp." Then I chose the chopsuey.

I heard Mom gasps. "Gunner, anak…" I could hear the warning in her tone. Of course she knows I'm lying but I don't care now. 

She slowly put down the plate and looked at it disappointedly.

Well, I dont give a thing about her.

All throughout the dinner, I dodged all their advances. I could clearly see Mom's disappointment every time I do it, but she needs to know that I am not up to this kind of arrangement. 

"I heard wala ka pang naging girlfriend, Iho? You should let yourself unwind." I looked at Tita Slyvia as she forced her smile at me. 

"Yes, hindi pa siya nag kaka girlfriend." Mom giggled next.  

I cleared my throat to get their attention. "Actually…" I finished my drink then looked at them all looking at me. "I had a girlfriend." 

I heard them gasp as soon as I said it and their shocked expression was just all over. It is quite amusing to see.

"Gunner!" Pinanlakihan ako ni Mama ng mata. She might be thinking I am lying again.

I shook my head. "I had a girlfriend and I am still in love with her. That is why I can't entertain any relationship right now." I truthfully said this time after all my lies throughout our lunch.