₂₂ Grimmauld Place

REGULUS' FAMILY HOUSE WAS a place Alora had heard many tales coming from the twisted building

REGULUS' FAMILY HOUSE WAS a place Alora had heard many tales coming from the twisted building. Some of them from the youngest Black himself and plenty of the rumours from newspapers filled with dark stories. Some people even believe exiting from 12 Grimmauld Place in a Saint condition would be a Miracle.

Behind all that talk there is a small ounce of truth hidden.

Standing in front of the Black Manor brought out an uneasy feeling that Alora rarely witnesses, and when she does it always means something bad is about to happen. And it seemed like Sirius was debating the thought of just turning around and going back to Hogwarts and celebrating his Christmas peacefully for once.

"You're bold for wearing muggle clothes here" Sirius broke the silence, "Didn't my little brother warn you?"

Alora's eyes did not leave the dark building in front of her, as if it would grow legs and attack her. "I thought pissing off your parents is something you would enjoy"

Sirius's lips formed a small smirk at her answer, "So you're doing this for me? Getting into your role pretty quickly aren't you?"

"My role?" she asked with a raised eyebrow.

The Gryffindor's glare was stuck on Alora's figure, even though he still had some hatred boiling inside of him every time the girl was close, at this moment Sirius preferred his attention not to be on his personal hell. In other words his house. "They aren't easily fooled, you have to play my girlfriend pretty professionally so it would convince them"

"I'm a great actor"

"That's what all the liars say"

Alora's lips curled forming a small grin as if his words were holding a truth behind them. "Are we going inside or not? I'm freezing"

"Won't be any different inside" Sirius chuckled and grabbed both of their bags and led the way to the door even though he still couldn't find the energy to knock.

Every step she took, she could feel a lump forming in her throat. Her glare caught the dead flowers decorating the dark house in their own way and some broken lights hanging from outside the windows making the place look almost abandoned. When Sirius finally got the courage to ring the bell, an old-looking elf cracked the heavy door open giving Sirius judgmental looks. "Master Black, welcome. Everyone is waiting for you in the dining hall"

"Thanks, Kreacher" Sirius entered the house first, positioning their bags on the floor so the elf could take care of them and he moved a little further so Alora could enter as well.

In front of her appeared a long hallway with a variety of gas lamps and a large shiny chandelier that gave light to the corridor. The front door shut on its own turning Alora's eyes wide, however, what creeped her out the most was the nasty look Kreacher was giving her as if he could read the girl like an open book.