₂₆ The Black family

WALKING IN THE SNOWY roads, Sirius and Alora were never that silent, usually one of them would make a small comment and start an argument or a debate

WALKING IN THE SNOWY roads, Sirius and Alora were never that silent, usually one of them would make a small comment and start an argument or a debate. Not this time.

Both of them loathed the way back home, Regulus was right about that place Alora thought to herself– it makes you lose everything you stand for as soon as your foot touches the shiny and expensive carpet behind the doors. That explains the diverse personality of Sirius Black that she slowly began to enjoy.

Maybe it helped that he didn't have anyone to back him up in the pure-blood environment, he was on his own here. It became noticeable how the confidence he carried at Hogwarts vanished and was replaced with a darker one, fighting to survive by looking unapproachable and atrocious.

Arriving at Grimmauld Place's garden, which looked nothing like the richness on the inside of the house, Alora and Sirius without sharing a word decided it was not time to enter yet and sat on the bench a few meters away from the door.

Sirius' mind was becoming overwhelmed by the thoughts flying inside his head, his knuckles were practically burning even though the blood had dried from the cold. His plan of completely avoiding the fact that Alora was a Kalligan was slowly failing. The fact she actually came here and admitted it, was something he could not get past, why would someone be willing to be part of such a vile organisation and most of all the particular family that was known for its cruelty.

From the corner of his eye, Sirius could see Alora clutching her coat to protect her from the deathly cold since it started snowing, it was around 4 am and the only form of lighting the duo had was the broken lamps of the neighbours' garden.

"Why did you do it?" Sirius broke the peaceful silence making the girl finally turn her gaze toward him.

"Did what?"

"Get involved in all of this? Willingly?" Sirius' curiosity took the best of him making Alora arch her brow from the sudden interest she was in no way expecting.

"I'm not discussing this with you" The girl withdrew her eyes from him.

Even though to some people this would be the hint to drop the conversation, Sirius simply refused to, "Kalligan's a man of his word, if his wish is for you to disappear from the house he will do anything to achieve it"

Alora knew this, Regulus had told her everything about him– but it still was a risk to take and the reward would be so worth it. "Then let him try, but I'm not leaving until I get what I want"

"Which is?"

"My future" Alora blurted out making Sirius as confused as ever, the girl was a mystery wrapped in a pretty face and fury coats to him. She never revealed too much and her words always made him wonder, she wasn't as open as Sirius was and sometimes it was even difficult to insult her because of the lack of information he knew about her.