CHAPTER SIX

As the bell rang, Stell found himself surrounded by a group of second-year seniors. Their mischievous grins and playful banter filled the air as they clamored around him, eagerly reaching for their pens.

"You must be Nong Stell, right? I would love to sign it for you," one of the seniors teased, a sly twinkle in their eye. They extended their pen towards him, waiting for Stell's small notebook to be handed over. Without hesitation, they began scribbling their name alongside their friends, marking their presence on the assignment from the hazing team.

Stell looked on with a grateful smile, It had been a while now since the seniors had started approaching him, asking for their signatures to give without any challenges or favors. In some strange twist of fate, he had become quite the sensation among his peers. It was his undeniable talent and the velvety smoothness of his voice that set him apart. Stell was known not only for his courage to face the formidable Hazing Team but also for his stunning singing abilities.

Feeling a surge of popularity, Stell relished in the attention. One by one, the seniors signed their names, leaving their marks on his small notebook.

After what seemed like an eternity, the crowd began to disperse, leaving Stell in the company of his friends, Justin and Elias. They had been filming his interactions, capturing the magical moments on their phones for posterity.

As Stell took a sip of water to quench his parched throat, a sense of fulfillment washed over him.

"How's life for someone getting popular?" Justin asked, a mischievous glint in his eyes as he positioned his phone camera in front of Stell.

Stell took a moment to sip his water, considering the question. "Honestly, Justin, I don't even know why they keep coming to me," Stell replied with humility, his voice filled with genuine curiosity. "I never expected all of this attention. It's like a whirlwind."

Elias, who had been listening intently, joined the conversation with an air of confusion. "Wait, you haven't seen it yet?" Elias asked, his eyebrows furrowing in disbelief.

Stell tilted his head, a confused expression crossing his face. "Seen what? What are you guys talking about?" he asked, his curiosity piqued.

Justin paused the recording on his phone for a moment and quickly navigated to the Engineering page. There, prominently displayed, was a video of Stell singing the engineering hymn at the last gathering. The view count had soared, and comments of admiration poured in from seniors and juniors alike. "Here, take a look," Justin said, handing the phone to Stell.

Stell's eyes widened as he watched the footage of his own performance, his heart beating faster with each passing second. "How? Did someone really capture this?" he asked, a mixture of astonishment and trepidation in his voice.

Justin and Elias nodded enthusiastically, confirming Stell's suspicions. "Yes, it's true," Elias said. "That video went viral within our Engineering community. They were awestruck by your talent."

Stell's face flushed with both humble modesty and a newfound sense of excitement. "Wow, I never could've imagined this," he admitted, passing the phone back to Justin. "But you know, it's actually been helpful. With all this attention, seniors have been willingly signing my notebooks for this hazing assignments. It's made things a lot easier for me," he chuckled, grateful for the unexpected perks that came with his popularity.

"Yeah, you're one lucky bastard" Justin playfully teased, a smile on his face. "You don't have to endure any weird requests like the rest of us. They're happy to sign it for you without any hesitation."