CHAPTER FIFTEEN

Stell and Justin strolled leisurely towards the café near the university, their footsteps echoing against the sidewalk. The sun was beginning to set, casting a warm orange glow over the campus. As they left the library, disappointment lingered in the air. Elias had once again failed to show up for their study session.

"Oh yeah, P'Kong is leaving in about two weeks, right?" Justin asked, breaking the silence between them. His voice carried a mix of curiosity and concern.

Stell looked at Justin and nodded, his expression reflecting a tinge of sadness. "Yeah, P'Arthit has been feeling down as the days go by," Stell shared, his gaze fixed on the distant horizon. Justin nodded in understanding, his eyes mirroring a similar sense of empathy.

"Of course, P'Arthit can't go with P'Kong for another two months," Justin said, his voice tinged with a hint of worried. As they approached the café, Stell reached for the door, holding it open for Justin.

As Justin stepped inside, Stell followed closely behind. The inviting aroma of freshly brewed coffee filled the air, mingling with the gentle hum of conversation. The interior of the café was cozy, adorned with warm lighting and comfortable seating. Stell led the way towards the cashier, where a small line had formed.

"Yeah, but I don't think it's going to happen," Stell said, his tone laced with uncertainty. Justin furrowed his brows, a look of confusion etching across his face.

"Why wouldn't it happen?" Justin asked, his voice filled with genuine curiosity. He watched intently as Stell placed their order with the cashier, seemingly puzzled by Stell's statement.

Stell paused, gathering his thoughts before responding. He leaned against the counter, his eyes fixed on the menu board above.

After Stell placed their order with the cashier, he turned to face Justin, a thoughtful expression on his face. The line of customers behind them slowly dwindled, as the pair found a cozy booth near the window of the café.

"Because I know P'Arthit, I can bet 100% that he would buy a ticket the same day P'Kong flies to China," Stell shared, his voice tinged with certainty. He shrugged his shoulders, a hint of amusement dancing in his eyes.

Justin chuckled, recalling the times he had witnessed P'Arthit's impulsive nature when it came to following P'Kong. "I guess I can see P'Arthit being like that," Justin replied, a fond smile playing on his lips. He remembered the countless occasions when P'Arthit would drop everything to be by P'Kong's side.

"Anyway, how's the practice for the pageant going?" Justin inquired, genuinely curious about Stell's progress. He knew how much effort Stell had put into preparing for the upcoming event.

Stell took a moment to gather his thoughts, his gaze fixed on the table in front of him. "Good so far," he began, a hint of excitement seeping into his voice. "Athena and I have decided to sing together and maybe incorporate some dance moves. We're still trying to figure out the details."

Justin's eyes widened with interest, captivated by the idea of Stell and Athena teaming up for the talent portion of the pageant. "That sounds amazing! I can already imagine the chemistry between you two on stage," he exclaimed, a genuine enthusiasm coloring his words.

Stell's face brightened, a smile spreading across his lips. "Thanks, Justin. I'm really excited about it too. Athena is incredibly talented, and I think our performance will be something special," he replied, gratitude evident in his voice.

"Do you guys have a song yet?" Justin asked, his gaze shifting between Stell and his phone as he received messages from Elias. Stell pondered for a moment, his brows furrowing in concentration.