thirty one- baby talk

I'm already 4 months along. I laid a mint green blanket in the brown crib in the nursery, tucking it under.

I leaned on my elbow, onto the fence of the crib, staring down at the bed. It's been years since I've decorated a nursery. It feels kinda of nostalgic.

We've decided to keep the gender a secret, until the delivery.

The girls reaction was the sweetest.

Harper feels very mature, now being a big sister to 2, and it's all she talked about.

And Collie is excited that she gets to be a big sister.

I walked into the main bedroom, flopping onto the bed.

More like directly onto Alex.

"Um.. boys?" Mumbled, siting up against the headboard.

They all looked at me, knowing it was something serious.

"What's up, sweetheart?" George asked.

They all sat up, looking at me.

"I wanted to talk to you guys.." I began. "I know you guys have all been afraid to ask the question.. about the biological father to the baby.."

They all nodded hesitantly.

"It's not bad that you guys wanna know, I promise. Either way, we wouldn't be able to do it until the baby is born. But, I want you guys to really think it through. Would it even be the best idea to know? I feel like it would change things.." I told them.

"What do you mean?" Clay asked.

"Jealousy. Everyone's gonna get their hopes up that they're gonna be the father, but only one of you is gonna be it. And feelings are gonna be hurt, and not that you guys would, but I don't want you guys to think of the baby any different, because they're not yours biologically, and you got hopes up too high. I would assume you guys wouldn't, because of how you guys treat the girls, but I feel like you guys will kind of think of it as... a competition in a way. I promise, I'm not trying to hurt your guys feelings. And this is your guys choice.  Even if only one if you want to know, I'll get the test."

All the boys sat in silence, thinking.

"To be honest, I feel like we should wait until we meet our baby, to see how we feel about the situation. Let's all just think on it, and in 5 months, we'll find out what we think." Nick told everyone.
"I think that's a good idea." I smiled at them, and everyone agreed.

"Now. I have some fun things I wanna talk about!" I sat up, clapping my hands together. "Baby names!"

Everyone sat up, smiling.

We haven't talked much about this, because we don't know the gender yet.

"Okay, boys or girls first?" I asked
"Let's do girl names first!" Karl suggested.

"Okay, who wants to start?" I asked.
"I can." Clay said. "I've always liked the name Lily. But I've been thinking a lot, and I think the name Riley is adorable."

All the boys and I nodded, and I took note in my head.

"I'll go next, because I also have thought about the name Lily, or Lilliana." Karl began. "I've also thought about Brinley."

"I think Brinley is adorable." Nick said. "I've thought about Tinsley, or Mackenzie."
"I like Mackenzie, because there's so many nicknames we could call her." Clay said, nodding.

"I'll go next." Alex said. "I have only one name, because it's the name I've always liked. I love the name Evie."

I gasped "oh. my. GOSH. That was the second option for Collies name." I jumped.

Everyone smiled at my excitement.

"I guess I'll go next." George spoke, he sounded nervous to give names. "I really like Esme and Ainslee." George said, looking around the room.
"Those names match well with Harper and Collie. I think they're really cute!" I told him.
"Your turn, Ruthie." George said.
"I've done too much thinking about this." I laughed. "I'm in love with the name Emery. I wanted to narrow all of my name's down to one, and that's the one that I loved." I said leaning back.

Everyone sighed, smiling.
"I loved all the names. Girls names are definitely gonna be very hard, if it's a girl." Alex said.

"Okay, boy names!" Nick told us.
"I have one main name, so I'll go first. I chose the name, Elijah." He told us.
"Elijah, Eli. It's cute!" I smiled

Nick smiled at me.

"Okay, me next!" Karl said. "I decided on the name Samuel." He told us.
"I like Samuellll" Clay said, looking at Karl.
"Boy names were really hard for me, but I am set on the name Cameron." Clay spoke.
"All of these names could have really cute nicknames." I told them, smiling.
George sat up, ready to say his name choice. "I liked the names Luca and Elias. I couldn't choose which one I liked more."
"Luca is so cute." I told him.
"I really like the name Declan." Alex said.
"Declan.." I repeated. "This is so hard.."
"Well, I picked one name. I picked Finley or Oliver."
"Finley is adorable, Ruth. Baby Finn." Alex said, smiling.

We all ended up in a cuddle pile.
"Harper starts school soon.." I told them, sighing.
"That's so weird.." Alex said, running his fingers through my hair.
"I am not ready for it." I said.
"She was just a toddler, I swear.." Clay said, rolling onto his side.

I pulled out my phone, looking at my calendar.
"I have an ultrasound on Tuesday." I said, reading off of my calendar.

It's currently Saturday.

"You haven't had one in a while." Karl stated.
"Yeah, I haven't. I'm really excited." I smiled, laying my head on Georges chest.

We all laid in bed, and drifted to sleep one by one.

Hello.
Pls comment which of those names u guys liked the most.