Chapter 21

Elijah makes his way to the meadow in the woods as he awaits Damon's arrival. Soon Damon makes his presence known as he walks over to the meeting area while talking to someone over the phone.

After hanging up, Damon smirks and greets the original, "Elijah. My favorite original, back in town."

"You left me a voicemail, asking me to come back into town."

"Oh yeah. 'Elijah, let's get together to stop your brother from wreaking havoc in Mystic Falls. XOXO."

"Damon..."

"Was I right to call you or are we going to have a problem?"

"I'm here. So let's talk."

"Well, let's start with an easy question. Do you have any idea what kind of Klaus killing weapon would be sealed in a mystery coffin?"

"No, I don't know."

"Really? You've been around him for over 1000 years and you have no idea what's in the coffin?"

"Contrary to popular belief, I don't know everything about my brother. If he wants the coffin returned to him that badly, that I might know a way to stop him from causing more trouble,"

"And what would that be?"

"I'll talk to him and discuss a dinner between my siblings and you and your brother. There you will talk and negotiate a truce where both parties are satisfied."

Damon weighs the pros and cons of the idea before ultimately agreeing, "Fine, we'll go with this option, for now."

"Okay, then. I'll let you know the details once I get Niklaus to agree."

Damon nods his head before he and Elijah go their separate ways out of the woods.

>>>>>>>>>>

Alex groggily wakes up to the sound of people bickering, so she slowly gets up from the bed and makes herself look presentable before leaving her room to go into the living room to see what's happening.

Once there she sees Kol, Rebekah, and Klaus bickering with each other over something

Alex makes her presence known by clearing her throat, causing the trio of siblings to quickly turn to face her. Alex's eyes widened in shock at how quickly they turned to her.

Kol smiled at her and said, "Good morning, darling. I hope you slept well."

"I slept amazing, thank you Kol."

Kol smiled in response as he stood up and made his way to the kitchen.

Alex's eyebrows furrowed in confusion as she turned to him and asked, "Wait, where are you going?"

"I'm just going to make you some breakfast, darling."

Klaus scoffed before leaning close to Rebekah and saying, "Wow, you were right. He really has become a house husband."

"You know I can hear you right?" Kol yells from the kitchen.

"We know," Rebekah and Klaus simultaneously say. They both look at each other before bursting out laughing.

Alex just chuckles and shakes her head at the sibling antics before sitting on the couch and talking with Rebekah and Klaus.

"So, how does it feel to be back, Beks?"

"It feels amazing...But I'm still upset about what happened."

"What do you mean?" "What happened?" Both Alex and Klaus asked simultaneously.