Don't Call

Summary:

Present Mic overhears a conversation between Kaminari and their dad that causes him to go off. 

Warnings:

- Transphobia 

- R slur used once (written like r*t***ed) [I am autistic/ADHD, and I do not condone the usage of this slur (or any other.) A character uses this slur, but I do not agree with it.

_____

I love my students. I will do anything to be of help to them. So when one of my students asks me to stay behind after class one day to review a module on her upcoming test, I do so willingly.

I groan as I make my way through the darkened hallways of the school. I'm not saying I regret helping my student, but she took longer than anticipated to grasp the concept properly. It's late, and my family is probably wondering where I am.

It takes me longer than it should to register the muffled shouting from a closed classroom because I am so tired. Instantly alert, I creep up to the door and peer in the window. I relax when I recognize the familiar head of shocking blond hair. I jiggle the door handle a little before entering, not wanting to startle one of my favorite students.

Kaminari jumps at the intrusion and quickly presses a button on his phone. It's then I notice the face on the small screen. "Mic-Sensei, am I in trouble?"

I wave my hand. "No, of course not. Sorry to interrupt your call, but it is pretty late. You should probably head back to the dorms now."

"Right, so sorry! My dad called, and I got distracted and lost track of time."

"No worries, I understand. Come on, I'll walk you back."

"I can't."

"Huh, why not?"

Kaminari looks down at his lap. Realization floods my mind as I see the skirt around Kaminari's waist. "Are you on mute?"

"Yes."

"I'm assuming this is about the skirt? Does your dad not know about it?"

"No."

"Okay, can you hang up?"

"No, he makes me call him for two hours every day. If I hang up any sooner, he gets angry."

"Can you get out of the frame?"

"No, if he can't see my face every second of the call, it makes him mad."

"Okay, here's what we're going to do; I'm going to stand in front of you and tell him I need you for something school-related. Then, I'll end the call. If he gets angry, I'll tell him he can take it up with me or Nezu tomorrow."

"You'd do that for me, Sensei?" Kaminari's voice wobbles.

"Of course," I ruffle Kaminari's hair as I step in front of them. I tap the unmute button.

"Finally, that little brat has unmuted! Who the hell are you? Get out of the way; I'm talking to my son!"

"Hello, sir, my name is Present Mic. I'm one of Kaminari's teachers here at UA. Unfortunately, I need Kaminari for something school-related. I'm going to have to cut your chat short."

"You can't do that! If the brat is too stupid and needs extra help, do it on your own time!"

"Kaminari is one of my best students; Kaminari has agreed to help tutor some other students. That is why I need Kaminari to come with me. If this is an issue, you can discuss it with me tomorrow or even with Principal Nezu. Bye-bye," I wave cheerily before ending the call.