You can Look, but You can't Touch

Summary:

Kirishima notices that the rest of Class A is crushing on Bakugou. He purposefully interacts with Bakugou in ways that remind everyone else that he's the only one with the privilege of doing it. 

Ships:

KiriBaku

_____

Kirishima first notices it during hero training. "It" being the jealous stares he receives whenever he touches Bakugou.

He's finally won a one-on-one fight against Bakugou by knocking his legs out from under him and tackling Bakugou to the ground. Kirishima kneels over Bakugou, his knees bracketing Bakugou's waist, pressing Bakugou into the ground with his weight and pinning his hands above his head.

Bakugou looks up at Kirishima with pride shining in his eyes and his teeth bared in a wicked smile. "I knew you had it in you, Shitty Hair."

A collective gasp comes from their classmates, who are gathered in a group on the training gym floor, watching them spar. Hardly anyone can defeat Bakugou, and those that do (Midoriya and sometimes Todoroki) don't achieve the feat often. When the impossible does happen, Bakugou doesn't take defeat lying down.

He rages and threatens death upon everyone who witnesses his loss. Most of the class probably assumes Bakugou was hit with a personality-swapping quirk, but Kirishima knows the truth. Bakugou has been working toward being a better person. He's not perfect, but he's getting there. Congratulating others and not taking failure so hard is one of his goals.

Kirishima glances at his friends, expecting encouraging smiles and thumbs-ups. He's been trying to pin Bakugou since their first year at UA and the Bakusquad knows how hard he's worked. This is a momentous occasion that must be celebrated.

Instead, Kirishima is met with narrowed eyes and frowns.

Over half of the class is glaring at him. Kirishima releases Bakugou's hands, thinking maybe he's hurting him and that's the reason for the hostility. It doesn't help. Everyone's frowns deepen when Bakugou rests his freed hands on Kirishima's waist.

If Kirishima didn't know over half of their class is gay as fuck, he'd think his classmates are homophobic. That's not the case, so he doesn't know what their issues are.

Bakugou, sensing Kirishima's distraction, bucks his lower half. He throws Kirishima off of him and rolls until he's the one pinning Kirishima. "You should know not to lower your guard by now, Shitty Hair." He settles his weight on Kirishima's thighs and crosses his arms, staring at Kirishima with a haughty smirk.

Kirishima refuses to let the admonishment ruin his happiness. He won their fight and that's all that matters to him. He rolls his eyes as Bakugou stands, grabbing Bakugou's hand when he offers it, allowing Bakugou to pull him to his feet.

The burning stare of his classmates makes Kirishima's skin prickle. He lets go of Bakugou's hand as soon as he is stable. The glaring lessens. Kirishima steps away from Bakugou, putting two feet of distance between them. The glaring stops.

"What are you doing, Shitty Hair?" Bakugou glowers as Kirishima continues to inch away from him.

Kirishima glances at his classmates, who are now acting as if they weren't wishing death upon him only seconds ago. "Nothing, bro."

"Don't call me 'bro.' I'm your boyfriend." Bakugou shoulder-checks Kirishima as he stalks past him and sits near Kaminari. Kaminari averts his eyes from Bakugou's exposed pecs (his hero uniform is a blessing and a curse) before Bakugou catches him staring.