One Thing

Summary:

Bakugou claims to be scared of nothing, until he's trapped in rubble with the most terrifying creature to grace planet Earth - a spider.

_____

Mina reaches into the bowl placed on the carpet of her dorm room. The Bakusquad is gathered in a circle around it looking like a small cult meeting. She pulls out a folded slip of paper, eyes widening as she reads the sentence written.

She looks around the group until her eyes settle on Bakugou. “You’re first,” she says, smirking.

Bakugou scowls. “Get on with it, Raccoon Eyes. I don’t even want to be here. The sooner I get this done, the sooner I can fucking leave.”

“Can you at least pretend you enjoy spending time with us?” Sero asks.

Bakugou ignores their comment.

Kirishima slings an arm around Bakugou’s shoulders, getting far closer than Bakugou would allow anyone else to be. “Come on, bro. We’re playing a group bonding game.”

“How is asking each other random questions from a bowl going to help us bond?”

“It’s simple,” Mina answers. “These questions are designed to make us reveal the deepest, darkest parts of ourselves. Trusting each other with our secrets will bring us closer together.”

“That's bullshit.”

“If it’s bullshit then answer the question and prove us wrong,” Mina dares.

“Fine.” Bakugou crosses his arms. He barely refrains from pouting. He's learned his lesson after the Bakusquad has made fun of him for doing it in the past.

Kirishima catches the twitch of his mouth and bites his lip to stop from cooing and commenting on how the move makes Bakugou look like a disgruntled toddler. “Go on, Mina,” he encourages.

Mina makes a show of reopening the paper. “What is your worst fear?”

“I’m not scared of anything.”

“Typical,” Kaminari snorts.

“Everyone is scared of something,” Mina prods.

“Not me,” Bakugou boasts.

“Yeah, yeah, you’re mister “I’m not scared of anything,” we know,” Kaminari comments.

“Hell yeah, I am.”

“Sero, you go. Bakugou is not going to answer,” Kirishima says.

“I did answer!”

Sero grabs a slip of paper next. “Kirishima,” he says after reading it. “What’s the most embarrassing moment of your life? Or one of the most embarrassing moments.”

Kirishima takes a deep breath, puffing up his cheeks. “I don’t like telling people about this, but one of my most embarrassing moments was this one time during middle school…”

The group, even Bakugou, leans in closer.

After their game night in Mina’s room, the Bakusquad takes it upon themselves to sniff out Bakugou’s biggest fear. None of them believe Bakugou was telling the truth about not having one.

Kaminari thinks Bakugou’s biggest fear is the Sludge Monster that attacked him in middle school. His suggestion is to stage another Sludge Monster attack to make Bakugou admit that he’s scared. Kirishima shoots that idea down before Mina or Sero can agree. He'll have to keep a close eye on his friends. He won’t put it past the other members of the Bakusquad to do it anyway.