Treat Me Better P1

Summary:

Kirishima and Bakugou have been in a secret relationship for almost a year. Kirishima is tired of Bakugou treating him like he doesn't exist when they are in public. He breaks things off. Both of them use other people to get over the other.

Nothing can change the truth, though. Kirishima is in love with only Bakugou, and Bakugou is in love with only Kirishima.

Ships:

KiriBaku

KiriKami

TodoBaku

_____

After months of pining, Kirishima confessed his feelings to Bakugou. He was ecstatic when Bakugou returned those feelings until he said he wanted to keep their relationship a secret.

Kirishima understood. He'd been out as gay since middle school. Bakugou had only recently realized he was pansexual. It made sense that Bakugou wanted to get comfortable with his relationship and sexuality before announcing it to the world. The last thing Kirishima wanted to do was force Bakugou out of the closet.

However, eight months later, they are still secretly dating.

Kirishima doesn't mind the secret part of their relationship. It's thrilling sneaking around behind their friends' backs and laughing at them for being so oblivious. Bakugou is loving and adorable when it is just them.

The problem arises when they are around anyone else. Before Bakugou and Kirishima started dating, Bakugou treated Kirishima as his best friend. It was obvious that Bakugou held Kirishima to a higher standard than anyone else.

Lately, Bakugou treats Kirishima as nothing more than one of the "extras" in his class.

Kirishima was okay with it for a while, thinking Bakugou needed time to acclimate himself to being in a relationship. But the behavior didn't stop.

Kirishima is an affectionate person. Once he has permission, he throws his arms around his friends' waists or shoulders, holds their hands, and cuddles with them. Bakugou used to let Kirishima do the same with him.

He wouldn't allow the cuddling, but Kirishima could have his arm around him sometimes. Now, Bakugou wants to avoid Kirishima sitting beside him. He's afraid someone will become suspicious of how close they are.

Bakugou is being ridiculous. Kirishima acts the same with Sero and Kaminari, and no one thinks anything is going on with them. It is more evident to the class that something is happening because Kirishima has suddenly stopped being touchy with Bakugou.

Kirishima has tried explaining to Bakugou, but he is too much of a hothead to listen to reason.

The class thinks Kirishima and Bakugou fought, so they suddenly stopped acting normally. It surprises everyone that Bakugou is attending the latest class movie night. They all know Kirishima is the only reason he used to join them.

Why would Bakugou keep coming to movie nights if he fought with Kirishima?

Because Bakugou refuses to be within five feet of Kirishima in public, Kirishima cuddles Kaminari on the couch.

Kirishima wishes he could show everyone that Bakugou is his. He isn't stupid. He sees the appraising looks other students give Bakugou. It isn't a problem for Kirishima because no one else will be brave enough to approach Bakugou like he did.

He doesn't blame others for looking at Bakugou - have you seen him? Of course, they're going to look.

He still wants to stake his claim when Midoriya's stare lingers too long, or Uraraka giggles a little too loudly when Bakugou shouts.