02.

5 Years Later

Little 5 year Veronica ran around the island of Neverland happy as she could be. She's an adventurous young child and left her sleeping quarters with Felix. She stopped when she reached her destination which was at the edge of the cliff where she could see the moon, stars, and the clear waters. She stared up at it in wonder blue eyes big and curious.

She also looked below as well and wondered what would happen if she jumped into the water. She moved closer to the edge of the cliff contemplating on doing it.

"STOP!" A voice yelled startling her causing her to trip over the cliff.

She screamed as loud as she could as the wind rushed through her hair, gravity had left her. She closed her eyes knowing there was no going back, until a pair of arms had caught her as she looked to see it was Peter Pan himself who was flying until they got up to the cliff where he gently placed her down.

"ARE YOU CRAZY?! YOU COULD'VE DIED JUST NOW!" Pan yelled at her just as the lost boys came running. "WHAT WOULD YOU HAVE DONE WITHOUT ME HUH?! YOU NEED TO THINK VERONICA! NO JUMPING OFF CLIFFS! IT LEADS TO DEATH!"

This caused Veronica to pout as tears streamed down her face as she let out a loud cry around the island.

"Peter there is no need to yell at a child," Felix said walking to him as Peter growled and grabbed him by the neck.

"You were supposed to be watching her! How did she end up out here?!"

"I-Im sorry,"

"NO! FELIX LET HIM GO!" Veronica said as she stopped crying and unknowingly using Magic as a burst of energy came out of her hands she tossed Peter aside.

Felix was let go of as he coughed causing her to run to him.

"Felix," Veronica said in worry as he stood up.

He looked shocked at Veronica as did all the lost boys that were there.

"You..... How did you do that?" He asked as she tilted her head in confusion.

"Do what?" She asked innocently like she didn't just throw Pan to the side.

"Remarkable," Peter said staring at Veronica as he returned. "This never happened before, you are just a magical little girl aren't you?" He asked bending to her height but she hid behind Felix grabbing onto his pant leg.

"I think she's afraid of you Pan, you did yell at her," Felix stated with a smug look on his face.

Peter Pan sighed as he looked at the frightened girl and frowned. Prophecy states Pan is to marry Veronica Swan when she's older, she wont marry him if she's afraid of him.

"Hey, come here Veronica I'm not mad," Peter started in a soothing tone as his arms were out wide.

Veronica peaked from behind Felix's leg noticing Pan had a smile on his face as he didn't look so upset and angry anymore at her.

She let go of Felix as she ran into Pan's arms as he picked her up and held her close.

"I'm sorry for yelling at you I was just so worried, I don't want to lose you, your important to me,"

"I am?" She asked as Peter nodded his head.

"You are Veronica, I will be very devastated if something happens to you, I'll let you in on a little secret and you have to promise not to tell," he said using his finger to bump her in the nose as she giggled.

"I promise Peter Pan,"

"Good, now my secret to you is that-" he begins leaning to whisper in her ear. "You are my weakness," he said causing her to giggle.

"I am? But you are sooooo strong how am I your weakness?" She whispered back the word.

"Because you put a special place in my heart, something no one has ever done before, now promise me you'll never go near the cliffs again," he says seriously as Veronica looked down before meeting his eyes.

"I promise never to go near the cliffs again," she said raising her right hand.

"Good, Felix, take her back to bed, lot of you go to sleep!" Pan ordered placing Veronica in Felix's arms who carried her away protectively.