٠Eighteen٠

''Well hi Vivienne!'' Billie says and quickly takes off his headphones and puts his comic book away.
''Hey Billie!'' I walk up to him and give him a hug.
''Are you okay?'' Billie asks me concerned.
I shake my head, ''My parents are getting a divorce.'' I sigh

''Holy shit, What?''

''Yeaaah, that was exactly my reaction when my mom told me the news.'' 

''But why?''

''She told me they aren't what they used to be or something I don't fucking know but I'm just scared about those custody rules.''

''What do you mean?''

''Well I'm sixteen, I can choose where and how I want to live but Mike can't, what if he gets forced to live with my dad and my dad moves away to another state and I will never see him again?'' I say, In a really stressed. Billie holds my shoulders and moves away from me.

''Mike will be okay, And you will be okay. I promise you. And, You're sixteen so you can also visit him whenever you want to.''

''I hadn't really thought about that yet...''

''I know, That's why I'm saying it right now.'' I force a little smile on my face, I'm exhausted. Today was a really hectic day and I really don't know what to do.

''Have you eaten?''

''No, why?''

''I told you.''

''Oh shut it!''

''Should I get you some food? We have some leftovers from tonight...''

I sigh and give up on arguing with him, I'd love to have dinner... ''That would actually be amazing thank you!''

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

We head into his kitchen and his mom is already heating the leftovers. ''Overheard you...'' She smiles. 

''Thanks a lot ma'am..'' I say, as friendly as possible. Billie's mom is the sweetest and I want her to think I'm a nice person too even though I'm literally not at all.

''Here you go sweetheart.'' She says after a few minutes and places a plate in front of me with some good food on it.
''Thank you so much!'' I say as I take my first few bites.

''What do you wanna do now?'' Billie asks me as I've finished the plate of food.
''I don't know, But I really don't want to go home again for tonight. I've really had enough of them right now.'' 

''Understandable.''

''Should we just go for a little walk? That sounds nice right?'' I suggest. 

''That indeed sounds good, Let's do that!''

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Billie and I had gone for a walk, For like an hour. We talked about my parents, Music and some new song ideas he had. I really love talking to him so much. We arrive at his home again and his mother is on the phone. 

''Billie right on time, Come here!'' His mom says and signs he should come take over the phone. Billie gives me a confused look and heads towards his mom to take over the phone.

''Hello?'' He asks.
''Hi this is Sylvie, John's mother?'' 

''Yeah hello um... What's going on?'' 

''John had an accident.''

''Accident? What kind of an accident?''

''A car crash...''