Chapter 28

Athy turned back to meet those rubies holding seriousness..

" our kids..?" she mumbled her heart palpalating at the thought of them being in danger..

"yeah.. They aren't easy to deal with even if you are alone.. Then think about the kids.. I can't stay out knowing too well you all will be in danger anytime.. So please let me stay with you..."

His voice trailed off when he said those last words ..

" if you don't want to.. Atleast until I sort things out and make  sure you guys are no longer in danger... Please sia.."

he said his eyes begging her.. She felt her heart squeezing.. She don't know how to deal with her heart which is giving mixed feelings... She is mad at him.. Don't wanna see his face as it reminds her of those hurtful days... At the same time.. It wants to look at those rubies forever.. Her body craves his Warmth.. Wants to be in his embrace..she sighed trying to push away all those mixed feelings...

"fine.. Like you said.. I can't forgive you for hurting me.. At the same time.. I can't let the kids be in danger.. They also wants to see you and be with you..." she said and he smiled a little..

"Thanks.." he mumbled and she sighed giving up as she walked further. He catch up to her and they walked in silence.

"just because I let you stay with me doesn't mean I forgive you.. Don't forget it.." she said folding her hands and looked up to see him looking ahead with a blank face.

" yeah.. Yeah .. I know.." he mumbled..

" you guys finally reunited  huh." they both stopped walking as they saw the master grandpa staring at them with a sorry smile

" huh.. Mama .. Are you OK..?" she looked down to see Luan hugging her legs.. She lifted him up and hugged him..

" hmm.. I am OK.. Are you scared..?! "she asked patting his head.. He nodded a slow yes with a sad face..his rubies moved to the side to meet the same one as his.. He turned fully and stared at lucas for a moment..

" looking at you guys closely.. He really looks just like you lucas "grandpa said and lucas smiled a little.. But he didn't said anything to Luan.

" let's go "athy said to Luan who buried his face on  her shoulder as they walked back to the room.. Alina walked out looking lost and her face lit up as soon as she saw lucas.. He lifted her up and she smiled

" where did you all went.? I thought you left me here.." she said sulking.

"sorry dear.. I went to catch your brother.." athy said smiling..

"mama  are you OK now..?" she asked looking worried and athy nodded a yes.

" shall we go home..?" she asked correcting her daughter's bangs..

" okie.. Then papa ..?" she asked looking at lucas..

" yeah he too.. Let's go.." she mumbled and the kids stared at her surprised and then looked at each other dumbfounded.

"see you later lucas.." grandpa said and he nodded a yes.. They walked back to the cable cars and the kids got excited to ride down.. Athy sighed as she stared at the car in daze.. Lucas safely put Alina on the seat and took Luan from her making him surprised.. He made luan sit beside Alina and reached his hand out to athy.. She stared at him with a blank face.. He grabbed her hand and pulled her inside..

" are they playing mute game..?" Alina whispered in luan 's ear.

"don't know" he shrugged.

" mama.. See there is a deer over there.!!" luan said as Alina stared at it with  heart eyed.