Chapter 4

I started up my car and headed back to my apartment. I was bringing Camila to the carnival tonight and to say I was nervous was an understatement. I got up to my apartment , going inside and flopping on the sofa. I took out my my phone quickly looking over the messages.

L: Hey there's a carnival just on the outside of town if you wanna go with me tonight? I could pick you up at 7?

C: Sounds fun , see you then ;)

I checked the time , it was 5:27 it took about 20 minutes to get to Camila's house from here. I threw my phone to the end of the couch. How am I supposed to do this to someone? I know she hurt Ariana but I really didn't want to hurt Camila. I needed to talk to someone about this. Normani was probably still out with Dinah. I quickly remembered Ally had told she was in town for a couple days with Troy planning stuff for the wedding. They both wanted to get married in New York City and eventually live here.

I took out my phone typing a message as quick as I could.

L: Ally any chance you could come to my apartment I need to talk to you ASAP.

I put my phone on the table in front of me, she replied a couple seconds later. I picked up my phone quickly reading her reply.

A: Yeah sure be there soon x

L: Thank you x

About 15 minutes later, there was a knock on my door. I jumped up off the sofa, hurrying to the door. Opening the door I was quickly tackled into a hug by the older but shorter girl. I returned the hug pulling away after a few seconds gesturing her into the apartment closing the door once she was in the hallway. I headed into the living room Ally following quickly after me. I sat down , Ally sat on the sofa opposite me.

"Laur , what's wrong?" Ally could always tell when there was something wrong with me. I took a deep breath and explained my situation. Telling her everything about with the deal with Ariana. I took a let a long exhale when I finished, never meeting her gaze scared of what she was gonna say.

"Oh Lauren, look your probably gonna hate me for saying this but please let me finish before you speak okay?" I just nodded encouraging her to go on.

"Your mom is really sick Lauren, even if she gets the surgery there's still a pretty big chance of her not making it and I think you already know that. Your mom wouldn't want you doing this to anyone and you know that. You don't know Ariana well at all but I know that you didn't think twice to agree to this deal. But think about your doing, your gonna little break someone. If you hurt someone physically there's a chance they will heal fully but emotionally not necessarily." She let out a sigh leaning across to pick up my hand in hers before continuing."How do you even know Ariana is telling the truth? Maybe Camila did something else like reject her or something? I think you should talk to your mom about this Laur, I know Clara wouldn't want you to do this to someone."

I looked to the floor everything she was saying was true. My mom wouldn't want this but I want to keep my mom for as long as I can. I should really talk to my mom about it though. She was right I did know my mom was dying but she was all I had left. I don't wanna go into detail about my family but she means everything to me.

"Yeah I know Ally your right, Normani knows her better than anybody else I'll talk to her tomorrow see what she knows about her and Camila. I have a date tonight with Camila should I go?" I asked reconsidering my plans with the brunette.

"Well that depends, do you actually like Camila?" She asked a bit anxious.

I actually didn't have an answer for that because I didn't know. I haven't been with anyone since her and I wasn't planning on ever really having feelings for anyone after her. I can't remember anything about that night with Camila because I was completely wasted. I feel bad but I couldn't go through with starting this whole situation without being intoxicated. But when I kissed her this morning I could feel butterflies in my stomach the minute our lips touched. She made me feel a way I have never felt before but I'm just not sure what that is yet.