Chapter 35

Jimin's expression mirrored Y/N's concern as he contemplated the implications of Taehyung's knowledge.

"If he goes looking for Taemin, it could lead to trouble," Jimin voiced his concern.

"Don't worry. I'll make sure he's kept under surveillance," Jimin assured Y/N. "Is he still at Krystal's house?"

"I'm not sure," Y/N replied.

After ending the call, Taehyung sat down on his sofa, took a deep breath, and lit a cigarette. He contemplated the pregnancy test results lying on the coffee table, his thoughts a tumultuous mix of emotions.

Eventually, he stood up, donned his coat, and made his way to the door. He couldn't let his anxiety fester any longer. With determination in his stride, he headed to the basement parking lot of the Park company building, now under Taemin's control. A quick survey confirmed that Taemin's car was still there, which meant he hadn't left the office yet.

Taehyung positioned his car behind Taemin's and waited, keeping a close eye on the rear-view mirror as he prepared himself for the confrontation that was sure to come.

Krystal's reluctance to allow Taehyung to confront Taemin stemmed from her deep concern for his safety. She feared that Taehyung might act recklessly, putting himself in danger, which she couldn't bear to witness.

However, Taehyung struggled to come to terms with this decision. After everything Taemin had put Krystal through, he found it nearly impossible to accept the idea of letting him walk free. The thought of seeking vengeance was tempting, but he knew that simply ending Taemin's life would be too easy—a shallow resolution to their complex and painful situation.

The truth was, Taehyung couldn't stand the idea of Taemin continuing to exist in this world, free to torment Krystal at his whim. He felt a burning desire for justice, a need to ensure that Taemin faced the consequences of his actions.

With his mind consumed by these thoughts, Taehyung found himself in Krystal's house, clutching a knife and waiting for Taemin to appear, a plan forming in his mind to confront the man who had brought so much suffering into their lives.

It had grown late into the night, and despite Taemin's overtime at work, he would soon be heading home. The anticipation was building, and Taehyung knew that Taemin could arrive at any moment. With his heart racing, Taehyung stepped out of his car, his grip on the knife tightening as he held his breath and waited for the inevitable confrontation.

Suddenly, the knife was wrenched from his hand, and he instinctively tried to resist. In the process, the knife grazed the person who had seized it. Taehyung's eyes widened as he recognized the man before him—it was none other than Jimin.

Jimin clutched his injured palm, his gaze unwavering as he questioned Taehyung, "What are you doing here?"

Taehyung hesitated, torn between his emotions and the realization that he had been caught red-handed. His response was tinged with a hint of desperation, "I...I couldn't let him go on living."

Jimin's voice turned icy, his concern evident as he reasoned, "Is his life worth trading for your own? Put the knife down and come with me."

Taehyung stood there, torn between his desire for vengeance and Jimin's stern yet caring insistence that he reconsider his actions.

Jimin turned his head to scrutinize Taehyung closely, his voice tinged with a mix of concern and frustration, "Why is it? You're not willing to let go? You can't accept it?"

Taehyung's response was resolute, his determination unwavering, "Lee Taemin should die tonight!"

Jimin, however, remained practical, unimpressed by the fruit knife Taehyung clung to, "Do you honestly believe you can take his life with that fruit knife? Come with me."

Taehyung, still reluctant to abandon his mission, refused to move. Jimin, realizing he needed more help, glanced to the side. Suddenly, two burly men materialized out of the shadows, swiftly wresting the knife from Taehyung's grip. With determined efficiency, they forcibly guided him into a waiting car.

"President Park, you can't do this!" Taehyung protested vehemently, resisting their attempts to remove him.

As Taehyung continued to resist, the bodyguards handed Jimin a cloth to tend to his injured hand. Upon hearing Taehyung's question, Jimin raised his gaze to meet Taehyung's eyes and revealed the truth, "Krystal is waiting for you at home."

Taehyung was momentarily stunned, his mind racing, "She knows that I was looking for Taemin?"

Jimin nodded.

Eventually, Taehyung ceased his struggle, and the bodyguards ushered him to Krystal's house. Jimin exited the car, firmly taking hold of Taehyung's arm as he pressed the doorbell.

-

A/N: Tell me your thoughts!

-