Three

"Why? What's going on?" She asks, panicked. "Ghostface" is all I say, dragging her out the door, looking frantically everywhere trying to see if they're around. Seeing that it's safe, i rush to the car, unlocking it and as I open the door Ghostface comes out of the house, running towards us with the knife raised high. "Look out" I yell, pushing Anika away, the knife piercing my shoulder. "Fuck" i mutter pushing them back. Watching as they pull the knife out and turn towards Anika. "No" I yell, going behind them, tackling them to keep them away.

Ghostface flips us over, then now straddling me. I throw a punch, watching their head turn as they fall off me me. I roll over trying to get up to help Anika when I feel this overwhelming pain in my ankle, looking back I see that they stomped on my ankle, snapping the bone. I groan loudly, trying to crawl my way over. "Leave her alone" i mumble, watching as the killer walks past me towards Anika, stalking her like prey. "Please" she whispers, tears streaming down her face. She's crawling backwards, trying to keep distance when ghostface leans down, plunging the knife into her stomach, twisting it slowly before pulling it out. Watching the blood spray out. "Stop" I groan trying to stand up, feeling very weak.

Ghostface turns to me as I hop up behind them, throwing a punch, hitting my cheek. Sending me to the floor, with blurry vision I watch them stab her over and over again before walking away. I struggle to crawl over to her, feeling light. I put pressure on her stomach, trying to slow the bleeding from some of the stabs. "I'm so sorry" I choke out, tears falling from my eyes. "I don't wanna die" she whimpers, blood dripping from her mouth. "You're not, you're not dying" i try to reassure her, watching as her eyes get to heavy to hold open. "T-tell Mindy, I-I love her" she mutters out, turning her head towards me. Resting her bloodied hand on my cheek. "Please" i mumble, watching her eyes close softly, feeling her hand drop from my cheek. "Fuck" I choke out, my eyes feeling heavy, my vision blurry. Hearing sirens echo as I pass out, unable to keep myself awake.

Groaning lightly as I wake up, squinting from the brightness, struggling to adjust. Pushing myself to sit up. I look around, trying to figure out where I am. Suddenly the room door swings open, showing Kirby. "I wish we stopped seeing each other under these circumstances" she admits sadly, handing me a cup of water. "Thanks" I croak out, drinking the whole thing. "What happened? At Mindy Meeks-Martin's house Y/n?" She asks sitting in the chair next to my bed. "Ghostface called me while I was here, saying that Anika was next so I rushed to their house" i say, feeling my eyes gloss over. "We made it out of the house fine but as I was unlocking the car they came running at us. I pushed Anika away and got hit instead" i add on, pointing to my shoulder. "What happened next?" She asks cautiously. "I tried to stop them. I tried to save her" I choke up, tears slowly falling from my eyes. "She didn't wanna die, Kirby. She begged them to stop" i whisper out, looking at my lap, playing with my fingers.

After talking with Kirby for a bit longer, she leaves, telling me to rest up. I put my hands up to my face, hiding as the tears continue to fall and the guilt builds up in my chest. "I'm so sorry" I mumble, over and over again. Hearing the door open again, I quickly wipe my face, trying to get rid of any tears that have fallen.
"Y/n" I hear Sam mumble, slowly walking towards me. "I-I tried to-to save her, I swear. I didn't kill her, please" I choke up, feeling my chest become tight and my eyes well with more tears. "Shhh, it's okay, baby. I know" she coos, leaning over to wrap her arms around my neck. "I didn't kill her" i mumble out over and over again.

I must have fallen asleep somehow. Waking up, again, confused. I open my eyes to see Mindy, in her hospital gown sitting in the chair beside my bed. I reach out, tapping her arm. "Mindy" I croak out, watching her stir awake. "About time you got your cocky ass kicked" she says with a sad smile. "Yeah this bitch is fucking crazy" i mumble, referring to ghostface. The room falls silent. "I'm sorry, Mindy" I say sadly. "I know you'd never hurt Anika. Thankyou for trying to save her" she says, her voice cracking. "She said to tell you, she loves you" i add on, groaning as I throw my legs over the side of the bed, ready to stand up, using the railings to steady myself. "I'll see her again, someday" she says as a tear fall slowly down her cheek. I hobble towards her, wrapping my arms around her, embracing her in a tight hug. Feeling her tears through my gown, hearing the light sobs escaping her mouth. Kissing her head as I rub her back, consoling her.

"You look fucking dumb in your moon boot" she mutters with a small laugh. "Hey, this thing could do damage" i say, lifting my leg slightly. "Put your leg down, fuckface, I can see up your gown" she says covering her eyes. "Sorry, my bad" I say, laughing as I put my foot back down gently. The room door suddenly opens. "Miss Riley, are you ready to be discharged?" The doctor asks, holding paperwork. "Hand it over" i say with a small smile on my lips.