City of Stone Part Two

Etrigan and Athena searched the city from the sky for any sign of Demona, but they found nothing.

"Let's try getting a closer look and search from the ground," Athena suggested to her demon husband.

"As you wish, my love," Etrigan complied. He flew toward the ground and landed before freeing Athena from his arms.

The two walked past various statues. Athena was relieved to find them unharmed and not rubble. It was a clue that Demona had not been here.

"I hope the guys are having better luck than we are finding Demona," Athena said, "The city's a perfect hiding ground for anyone wanting to disappear. Almost fifteen miles of hiding spots."

Athena stopped walking as she felt immense pain and clutched her head, knowing it was a vision. The silver mist clouded Athena's vision before it faded away.

At Castle Moray, Findlaech, the Lord of Castle Moray, and Gruoch, a young noblewoman, are playing a game of chess. The young woman had just succeeded in beating the Lord in the game.

"Checkmake, Milord," Grouch announced.

What?" Findlaech questioned before laughing good-naturedly, "Ah, Gruoch, you're a clever lass. And quite a beauty."

"You are too kind, Lord Findlaech," Gruoch replied, bowing her head.

"Hey, Bodhe, you should be proud of your daughter," Findlaech told Gruoch's father.

Bodhe, Gruoch's father, stood up from where he sat at the dining table. He walked over to where a young Macbeth sat and noticed the young lad had a smile. Bodhe decided to take action.

"But what about young Macbeth here? Is he a match for the lass?" Bodhe wondered.

The young Macbeth blinked, looking up at Bodhe before turning to his father.

"Come here, son," Finlaech said, agreeing with Bodhe's idea, "Show our guests how well you play. Aha! And see to it you do better than your father just did."

"Yes, Sir," Young Macbeth nervously replied before standing up and approaching the chessboard. He bowed at Gruoch, "Milady."

When Macbeth sits at the chessboard, the two begin to replace the chess pieces, their fathers sit at the table.

"Aye, Macbeth is a good boy," Bodhe commented, smiling, "A sight more sturdy than his cousin, Prince Duncan."

"Aye," Findlaech said at the mention of the heir to the Scottish throne, "It is a fact that Duncan will one day rule the realm. But a question as to how well."

"He is young yet. The weight of the crown will settle him a bit," Bodhe spoke with optimism.

"Aye, one would hope," Findlaech nodded, "But he will be our King, for well or ill. And by the Sigil of Moray, Findlaech pledges his loyalty. "

As Macbeth and Gruoch set the chess pieces on the board, their hands touched by accident, causing Macbeth to blush furiously. Gruoch was also blushing, but she was more discreet about it. Exchanging smiles with Findlaech, Bodhe rose from his seat.

"Enough talk for one night," Bodhe decided, "It's time I see Gruoch to bed."

"Of course," Findlaech agreed, "Macbeth, see our guests to their chambers and return straight away."

Macbeth led Gruoch and her father out of the dining hall. As they left, Findlaech went to pour himself a glass of wine, only to find the decanter empty. Setting it down, Findlaech clapped twice to summon the kitchen boy to refill it. But the lad didn't appear.