Vows

Athena was tending to the nocturnal plants in her garden on the roof of her home when someone landed behind her. Athena turned around and saw Goliath.

"Father? What are you doing here?" Athena asked, putting down her watering can on the table, "The sun will be up soon."

"I know," Goliath responded, "I came here after I just finished a talk with Xanatos. He has invited you, me, and Demona to his wedding. He wishes for me to be the best man, Demona to be the maid of honor, and for you to be a witness of the wedding."

"Will you be going? With our history with Xanatos, I can not help but think there's some ulterior motive behind all this," She said.

"I am," Goliath answered, "There is something I need to speak with Demona about. And Xanatos said that she promised to be on her best behavior"

"Very well, then I will come with you," Athena told her father.

Goliath responded with a nod before walking up on the ledge of the roof and jumping off to fly back toward the Clock Tower. Jason had walked onto the roof just as his father-in-law flew away.

"What was Goliath doing here?" Jason inquired.

"It would seem that my father and I have been invited to Xanatos and Fox's wedding tomorrow night," She replied, "As well as Demona."

"Do you wish for me to attend as well?" Jason's eyes glow red with anger toward Demona, Xanatos, and Fox.

"My father did not mention a plus one," Athena placed a hand on the side of his face, calming him down, and his eyes returned to normal, "Besides my father and I can handle them. And if we need some help, I can invoke the incantation and you can bring the others."

Jason smiled at his wife before the two of them went back inside their home.

The next night, the night of the wedding, Athena wore a light blue vintage queen Anne neckline ankle-length dress with appliques and buttons accented. Her shoes are navy blue pumps from the 1940s she kept. Her hair was styled in waves like Lauren Bacall and her makeup was simple yet elegant.

Athena waited on the roof of her home for her father to arrive and soon enough he did. Goliath picked Athena up and flew off to the Eyrie Building. When they arrived, Goliath landed in the castle courtyard in front of Xanatos and Owen, both dressed in suits, before placing Athena down.

"Thank you, Goliath. You don't know how much this means to me," Xanatos said, taking out a ring from his jacket pocket and handing it to Goliath, "As best man, it's your job to hold on to this for me until the exchange of vows. That's when..."

"I understand," Goliath interrupted and walked into the castle.

"Thank you for coming, Athena. I appreciate you being here to witness the wedding," He told her.

"Your welcome, but if you try anything I will not hesitate to hurt you," Athena warned.

They walked into the large throne room, where the wedding will be held. The throne room was beautifully decorated with flowers. The eyes of the Judge and Xanatos' father, Petros, widen when they saw Goliath. Fox and Xanatos stood at the altar in front of the Judge, Goliath stood at Xanatos' side, while Athena, Owen, and Petros stood off to the side. They were now waiting for the maid of honor, Demona. Athena began to wonder if Demona would even show up to the wedding, but almost if on cue, the Judge and Petros' eyes grew wide once again, and Petros gasped. Everyone turned and saw Demona entering the throne room.

"Demona," Goltiah spoke as his former mate stood beside him.

"I'm only attending this farce because Xanatos insisted and I need to keep him as an ally," Demona told him, justifying her reason for being in the room, "I neither know nor care why you're here."