The Sacrifice

Continued.....

SOLIVAGANT

"Itna kya time lagraha hain ek pipeline check karne mein...aur woh plumber uske saath koi plumbing ka saman toh nhi dikha...humein dekhna chahiye."She got up from the sofa and was about to go towards kitchen when out of nowhere Sophia dashed into the living room.

"Haseena you need to come with me right now!"She said in hushed voice.

"Where?And why?"Haseena asked confused.

"I don't have time to answer come with me."Sophia said and pulled Haseena by her wrist.

"No,I'm not going anywhere.Anubhav aarahe honge,we need to go for my ultrasound."Haseena said firmly.

"What's more necessary Haseena, ultrasound or the life of your kids?"Sophia asked frustratedly.

"Kya matlab hain aapka!"Haseena said suspiciously taking a step back."I'm calling Anubhav right now."She dialled Anubhav's number.

"Hello Anubhav,Sophia aunty yaha aayi hain aur woh humein kahi lekar Jana chahti hain,kaherahi hain humare bacche...unnpar koi khatra hain."Haseena said scared.

"Haseena don't go anywhere with that lady,I'm reaching home in 5 minutes and don't disconnect the call."Anubhav said.

"Haseena please believe me my child,the plumber in your kitchen in noone but Somers, he's here to harm you."Sophia said.

"Aapko kaise pata?"Haseena asked.

"Tumhe Jo charm maine diya tha it has a speaker and a spy camera fitted in it.Trust me Haseena I did it for your safety."Sophia said.

"Why should I trust you?"

"Trust her dear sister in law,aunty Sophia is telling the truth."The plumber aka Somers said coming out of the kitchen.He removed his fake beard, moustache,sunglasses and cap revealing his chieseled face,blue eyes and light brown hairs.

"Let me introduce myself...I'm Somers Warner,cousin of your dearest husband."Somers said.

"Aunty aap apne bete k saath aisa kaise karsakti hain?"Haseena asked in disbelief "Aur Jenny tum bhi innsab k saath mili Hui ho?"

"Kya karu madam 50 hazar ki salary mein guzara hojata hain par aish-o-aram nahi."Jenny said smirking.

"Before you die you must know dear sister in law,Aunty Sophia was unaware of everything a few days back.Going back from India she told me how Anubhav is all happy and super rich and has a beautiful wife.I couldn't tolerate this...I don't like him since our childhood,he was just excellent in whatever task he took at hand.Even my wife divorced me as I lost everything in gambling.Aunty told me a lot about you and I decided that you will be my easiest Target.Aunty must have overheard me making plan to visit India and to protect her dear son's family she accompanied me,right aunty?"He said with a smirk.

"Yes when I realised what a big blunder I had made telling him everything,it was too late.Then decided to come back her and protect you and Anubhav.I gave you the charm so that I could keep watch on any danger lurking around you since Anubhav would never believe me."Sophia said.

"I'm sorry aunty...humne aap par shaq kiya."Haseena apologised.

"I've set a time bomb in the kitchen...probably 4 minutes left now.And with considering your condition you won't make it dear sister in law.Good bye."Somers said with a ominous smirk and ran out of the living room followed by Jenny.

"Haseena run."Sophia said but it was really difficult for Haseena to cover the 30 ft distance to the main door of the living room in 4 minutes.

"Aunty aap bhaag jaiyye please."Haseena said trying her best to run as fast as possible.

"No,I've been a bad mother but I'm not gonna be a bad grandma."Sophia said and held Haseena's hand tight.The tick tick of the bomb could be heard.Only 40 seconds was left...

Outside

Somers was fighting the 4 guards the door when Anubhav Rudra and Rakshit arrived.Since the call was still on they heard everything.Anubhav immediately shoot Somers in the middle of his chest while Rudra shot Jenny dead.

Somers fell on the ground but still had the evil smile on his face.
"I'm just a pawn you will never be able to catch the mastermind Anubhav.Your wife is gone.See you in hell brother."He said before taking his last breathe.
Anubhav ran towards the house in lightening speed....

Inside

Sophia and Haseena were almost near the door when Sophia's feet got tangled on the door mat and she fell on the floor.

"Aunty!!"Haseena gasped and turned back.She somehow helped Sophia to stand up but Sophia realised her ankle was badly twisted.

"Take care of my son and grandkids Haseena,my blessings are with you."Sophia said with teary eyes.

Before Haseena could decipher her words,Sophia pushed her hard and she fell out of the door rolling down the stairs and fell on the ground on her stomach, shrieking in pain.

"Haseena!!!"Anubhav shouted and tried to grab her but BOOM!!!!!..the bomb blasted causing fire and smoke everywhere leaving the ground floor of the Solivagant on fire.

"Haseena!!"Anubhav went near her and cradled her in his arms.Haseena was wincing in pain and was on the verge of losing consciousness.

"Anu..bhav!!Humare babies" It was all she could say.Meanwhile Rudra and Rakshit brought out Sophia and lied her infront of Anubhav.She had got several burns but still had a little life left in her.

"Anubhav my son,I had told you na that I'll leave when the correct time comes,this is the correct time.Forgive me for I've been a terrible mother to you and somewhere the reason why your wife and babies are in danger today.Forgive me,I tried my best.Stay happy always my child."She raised her hand and slightly touched Anubhav's cheek,her hand fell on the ground as her heart stopped beating and her soul left her body.

"Mum!"Anubhav mumbled closing her open eyes,whereas his own eyes were filled with tears but not a single drop flew down them.

Sophia might not have been a good mother to Anubhav through out her life but made the ultimate sacrifice just for her son.

To be continued.....

Do vote and comment if you liked the chapter.
🪴Thank You🪴