20. (Part2)

We are only at the party for an hour before I find myself slurring my words and unsteady on my feet. My eyes are heavy as the liquor pulses through my bones, making it hard to do much of anything other than lean up against the counter and watch as Folio and Mel engage in a flirtatious conversation. She has her back up against a wall across the room, one leg propped up as the other is straight. Folio leans next to her, one arm out and holding himself up beside her. He looks like a douchebag, as he stares down at her with hungry eyes. She bats her false lashes at him eagerly, their mouth are moving but I can't make out a sound they make over the music that has only gotten louder.

"Seems like those two are hitting it off" Noah comments as he comes beside me, placing his phone face down on the counter as he leans on his elbows.

"I can't even be surprised, honestly. Anyone with eyes can see how hot she is. And she's clearly into him. He'd be dumb to not shoot his shot" I admit causally, giving a small shrug as I pick up my canned seltzer and take a long sip from it.

I hear him let out a small chuckle at my comment.

"She's pretty yeah, not really what I'm into though" he's causal as he speaks, voice getting low as he moves a smidge closer so I can hear him.

"And what are you into, Mr. Davis" he rolls his eyes at my use of his last name. He dropped it years ago, not wanting any real connection to his family but I can't get on board with calling him by his middle name. It's also funny to see his reaction when I use it, like I'm the only who who still doesn't care to not irritate him with my choice of words.

"I don't really like redheads, not that into blondes, but brunettes .." he starts, picking up a pice of my bleached hair and twirling it around his long index finger.

"They just do something to me. And when they have icy blue eyes.. sheesh" by the time he's finished speaking he has gotten so close to me that I can practically taste him. The liquor on his breathe mixed with the cool mint from the piece of gum he popped not too long ago makes my head spin in a nearly indescribable way.

I could roll my eyes at the dishonesty in his statement, knowing exactly the kind of girls he likes. Natalie has blonde hair and green eyes, quite the contrary to my black hair and blues. Where she is built with a broad hips, a full chest, and plump lips. I am small and frail, no bigger than a B cup and lips only just supple enough. She is everything i am not, and had somehow gotten everything I wanted.

I open my mouth to offer a retort, my lips practically pealing apart from the lack of moisture and nerves that have taken over. But before I can speak I hear the front door open and slam shut, baritone banter being heard from the hallways as they make their way towards us. I can pick out two very different accents as they approach. A deep west coast voice that chats enthusiastically about their car ride over, the unpredictable drivers and erratic ways of the road. The other ones offers only simple interjections about the matter, delivering their commentary with a thick Scottish twang.

Jolly.

I had been waiting for him to make his appearance since I got here and disconcerted he had yet to show up. It makes me embarrassingly nervous as I anticipate his arrival. He was always my biggest critic.

Each give in the old wood under their weight makes my anxiety double in size. By the time I see the two men round the small dividing wall I am overran with heart stopping eagerness.

The first guy that comes into view is tall and lean, covered in black and grey tattoos. His chestnut hair hits his shoulders as platinum money pieces fall around his stubble ridden face. I've never seen him before but I recognize the man from the first night I saw them in Vegas at the restaurant.