Author's Note

Hi, everyone! As I decided to write this story, I want everybody to know that I am following my own imagination for this writing. Everything that is written in this story is purely fiction and does not have any connection in real life. Whatever similarity or familiarity of the place, characters and scenario in this story is entirely a coincidence.

This story evolves to a Lord of a kingdom who dreams for a royal position and an elite's son who is hungry for freedom from his father. The story is about love and power. For a better understanding of the story, let me give you some information about the Kingdom of Chantel.

The Kingdom of Chantel is ruled by a King and the royal family. There are four hierarchies of the land based on the wealth of an individual or the family they belong to.

The King and the Royal family (the wealthiest) - The position as the King of the land is not inherited. One must be chosen by taking and passing the three-part test which are: a)personal qualification - must be twenty-three and above in the age of choosing, with university achievement and married on or before the inauguration; b)intelligence test where the candidates will take a written examination about politics, ruling and others; and c) physical ability wherein the candidate will fight a warrior chosen by the King.

The Lords of the Land (the second wealthiest) - Lords serve as the council of the Kingdom as well. All eligible Lords of the land are automatically considered as candidates for the royal position. There are twelve lords in the Kingdom of Chantel.

The Elites - mostly business men/women of the land who are less wealthy than the Lords. Most of them are focused on getting a position in the Lords for wealth and power.

The Commoners - people who are living peacefully in the kingdom without wealth and power.

The story mostly happens inside the kingdom. There might be characters who will suddenly pop up on the way. If you are not comfortable with the names and characters I use, I deeply apologize. I wrote this for me and for all the people who find joy and comfort in reading this kind of writing and meeting other characters of the people we love.

For my readers and future readers, I am very grateful that you are here with me. I will try my best to satisfy you with this story. Your feelings, opinions and point of view will be highly appreciated. If you want to interact with me, I'm on Twitter/X with the username @nam_fics . See you around!

May we all find the peace and joy we are looking for. Let's be good to each other and spread kindness. Happy reading!

Love,

Nam