CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT

This is the very first time Build saw Wichapas break down. He cried his heart out, disregarding the other people in the room. Build suddenly felt worse. Wichapas is the strongest among them but seeing him weeping in his arms right now felt different. The way Wichapas dropped his body on top of him and started sobbing melts his heart. Wichapas is tired and afraid. 

Build’s eyes started to tear up. He lifted his hand and caressed Wichapas head.

“Look at me.” 

Wichapas looked up at him, face stained with tears. Build wiped them.

“We will be good parents to the kid. We will be strong for him, right?” Build asked  with a small smile.

Wichapas closed his eyes before nodding. He felt relieved that Build is still aware of what is happening. “Yes. Of course.”

“I love you, Daddy love.” Build pulled his nape and kissed him.

“I love you so much, Papa love.” Wichapas rested his forehead on his.

They remained in that position until they heard someone clear their throat. Wichapas immediately sat up, remembering the other people in the room.

“If no other complications appear, you can go home tomorrow. I will also give you a copy of this image.” Dr. Cherry smiled at them.

“Thank you.” Build answered.

The kids were now allowed to visit Build. They are currently lying down on the hospital bed, Build in the middle, holding the sonogram.

“That’s baby love?” Ta looked at the picture trying to figure out what it was.

“Yes.” Build answered.

“It looks like a milky way.” Tin commented.

Build laughed. They heard knocks and Than entered.

“Aunt Praya cooked a lot for you. Good thing the kids are here too.” He said while arranging the food from the paper bag he brought.

The kids jumped out of the bed and ran to Than to check the food. Wichapas went near Build.

“How are you feeling?” He asked.

Build smiled. “You just asked me that ten minutes ago.”

“Just making sure you are fine.” Wichapas kissed his head.

“What did I tell you before eating?” They heard Than asked the kids, still arranging the food.

“Wash your hands with clean water and hand soap.” Tin answered.

“Very good. Go and wash your hands. We’ll eat lunch now.” 

The kids ran to the toilet but Ta went back to the room. “Hia, the sink is too high.”

Wichapas stood up and followed them in the toilet to help. Than arranged the food on the bed table.

“Where’s Dad?” Build asked.

“At home, sulking.” Than answered.

Build frowned. “Why?”

“Wichapas didn’t let him pay the hospital bill. Dad said he is the father so he should cover the expenses but Wichapas insisted.” Than placed some more containers on the table.

Build laughed. 

“I can feel some competition from them, honestly. But it’s more like Dad is not yet ready to let you go and have your own family.” Than looked at Build.