CHAPTER ELEVEN

The last words from Mr. Puttha lingers on Wichapas’ mind days after the conversation. He never ran after Build when he walked out of the house after hearing his offers. But Mr. Puttha said something that hit him really hard.

“Honestly, I know you are interested in my son. You are very clear about that, maybe not in words but your acts towards him does. If you want my answer now, I would say I am disappointed with you, Lord Wichapas. But my disappointment is nothing compared to what my son might be feeling right now. It’s so clear that he and I never expected this kind of approach from you. However, since you proposed the same way as Lord Arphus, I will answer you the way I did to him.” Mr. Puttha sat properly, face serious and determined. “I value my son’s insight regarding marriage. Now that he has already heard your offers, I will talk to him about his decision. Thank you for coming today.”

Wichapas tapped the table so loud that Prem flinched from sitting at the sofa near Wichapas’ office table. They are currently inside his home office and Prem is currently reviewing some documents.

“Are you alright, Sir?” Prem asked, confused about the action of his master.

“I was so stupid jumping into that kind of action. I should’ve thought about it first.” Wichapas said, glaring at his innocent computer screen.

“Is this about what happened in Khun Jakapan’s house?” the assistant asked once again. He stood up and walked straight to the table. 

Wichapas didn’t answer. Of course, Prem knows what happened because he was there. He witnessed how Khun Jakapan ran away without looking back and how Lord Wichapas walked out the living room after a few minutes, frowning  and on the verge of lashing out.

“Would you like to hear my thoughts?” Prem said.

“Why would I? You’re partly at fault about what happened.” Wichapas glared at him.

Prem looked at his master with an offended face. “Sir, I only said that I saw a huge flower bouquet that Lord Arphus sent to Khun Jakapan that day. And the next thing I know is you want to go and pay a visit to their household. It is not my fault that you heard Lord Arphus and Mr. Puttha talking about marriage proposal and you acted impulsively.”

Wichapas inhaled. Prem is trying to save his life by stating all facts. Prem worked for him since they were in college. So aside from treating each other as master and assistant, they were very good friends. The only friend that Wichapas considers, actually.

“So, what are your thoughts?” Wichapas asked him.

“Well, the offers obviously didn’t work. Worst, you made Khun Jakapan mad. He expected a lot from you other than trying to ‘buy’ him for marriage.”

Wichapas clenched his fist. He kept telling himself that he never thought of buying Build. Never. But when he heard Lord Arphus drop the offers to Mr. Puttha, his mind wasn’t able to function well. He was afraid that the man would accept the offer because it was too generous to be rejected. The only thing that comes to his mind is to exceed the offer so the man would accept his offer instead of Lord Arphus'. And he was a fool for thinking that way.

“Maybe, we should start by assessing your feelings.” Prem continued.

Wichapas frowned at him. “What do you mean?”

“I mean admitting that you like him would be a great first step in thinking on how to make him yours.”

Wichapas stopped. Does he like Build? 

“Oh, come on!” Prem snapped. “Stop questioning your feelings. All the people around you know that you like him. I think he likes you too but the more you hold back your own feelings the more you make mistakes that could hurt you both.”