CHAPTER THIRTEEN

Lord Sonchai's death news scattered fast outside the mansions. It has been the talk of the streets for several days already and most of them can not believe what happened. Upon knowing the death, the news of Build being kidnapped and almost raped had been digged. But no one dared to associate Lord Arphus' and Lord Wichapas' names with the incident. The commoners know better. If they got into the Lords' bad side, it would affect their daily lives for sure. But it was different in Build's situation. The commoners and some elites accused him of seducing Lord Sonchai. Most of them are pointing fingers to Build.

People said Build killed Lord Sonchai.

Build is not aware of this so when Aunt Praya said he is going to buy some baking goods in the market, he tagged along. Since his brother has to urgently go back to the hospital he was working at, Build has no one to annoy now. Aunt Praya is off to pick up the goods but Build decides to stop by a shop on the side of the pavement. Build was choosing from the handmade bracelets but the shop owner doesn't care. Build creased his eyebrows. Normally, shop owners greet their customers and they would offer assistance. But instead, he received glares and rolling eyes. Build had a weird feeling so he decided to leave. He was about to step away when he heard a voice of a woman coming from his back.

"I never expected someone from an elite family could still face the crowd with confidence after killing someone." followed by whispers that are intended to be heard.

Build halted. He didn't see who the woman was but he is sure it's about him. He turned around to see the woman.

Fah.

The girl in Lord Wichapas' garden last time, the business partner. But Build is more than sure that she doesn't want to be just a business partner. Build's eyebrows raised.

"Now, I won't ever think of the reason why you were at Lord Wichapas' house the other day. You have quite an ambition, I see." Fah crossed his arms around his chest. She's again wearing a fancy long dress.

Is this how she normally dresses? Build asked himself.

"I don't understand what you are saying, Khun. Can you please enlighten me?" Build asked.

Fah stepped forward to him. "You killed Lord Sonchai, didn't you?"

Build's eyes widened. "Excuse me?"

People started to gather around them, trying to hear and watch the commotion.

"You even made a story that he kidnapped and tried to rape you. Why? Is it because he didn't agree to be your husband for the throne?" She smirked.

Build eyebrows creased. "W-What?"

Fah faked a laugh. "Come on, Khun. Don't try to make yourself innocent because we all know that you are not."

Build suddenly felt cold. His hand started to tremble. His lips were locked and he couldn't even utter a single word. His eyes started to stare in the wind and he drifted back to the night when Lord Sonchai got him captive. How he tried to get off the strong grip on his pulse, the cold feeling of the chains on his ankles and the loud cries he let out just to plead for freedom. His knees started to tremble as well. It's suffocating. His heart is beating really fast and it's now hard for him to breathe. What should he do? He wanted to talk back, but he couldn't. His emotions are eating him alive. He looked around, trying to divert his attention. But he saw people whispering to each other while throwing him judgemental stares. That didn't help.

No, he didn't kill anybody. In fact, he was the victim. But why is being tagged as the killer now?

He was out of his reverie when he felt a warm palm on his back. Someone stopped beside him. He looked up to see who it was.