CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

They manage to go back to their old lives. Going to kindergarten helped the kids forget about what happened. Wichapas made sure that the kids are safe even at school. He stationed some bodyguards outside the school to be sure. He can't take any risk.

Build was okay. Aside from the symptoms he's battling with every day, he is occupied with the thoughts. He tried to act normal around everyone even though he feels worse every morning. He's been battling with stomach pain, sudden headache and vomiting. He's still drinking the medicines Dr. Chat gave him. But these days, he feels easily tired. Like going up and down the stairs makes him out of breath. Or the sudden rapid of his heartbeat even when he was sitting. Build thinks he's out of shape, so he tried to exercise more. But he also feels lazy. He just wants to be in bed all the time and sleep or just eat in the kitchen. But he kept staying away from green vegetables.

He tried to assess his body. All the differences he observed made him think more. His anxiety attacks every now and then. What if he suddenly shuts down? What if he'll get betrayed by his body and it suddenly gives up without warning? What if he never wakes up tomorrow.

Build visited Dr. Chat again. He's complaining about the tiredness and sudden rapid heartbeats. But he never told him about the vomiting. So, the doctor ran a test to check his heart.

"Your heart is getting weaker. I don't have an explanation for these but your heart is a little.weaker than before. Do you feel really fine?" Dr. Chat sounded so worried.

"Aside from what I told you, I think I'm fine." Build shrugged.

"Build, I think you need to tell them." Dr. Chat always persuades him to tell his family about this condition.

"I will, of course." Build looked away.

"You've been saying that for weeks now." Dr. Chat sighed in defeat.

"I will. I mean, soon. You know, it's just that..it's hard to tell them that I'm getting weak and will die soon." He shrugged once again. "I don't want any of them to create limitations just because I will die soon. And I don't want to be an additional burden to them. They have their own problems."

"Are you surrendering? You're still strong enough to fight." The man asked, trying to read Build's mind.

Build smiled bitterly. "There's no point in fighting, anyways. It's me against destiny."

Imagining the look of pity on his family's eyes, seeing tears from the people he love, being weak in front of others makes his stomach turn upside down. He can't bear to see them suffering because of him. He better have this by himself and leave this world peacefully.

"I will never get tired of reminding you that everything is just a possibility. And I hope you are telling me everything about you and not leaving any details behind. You are not alone. Please, let them help you."

Build just smiled at him, not wanting to talk anymore.

So, the doctor just sighed in defeat. "Alright. I give you medicines for headaches, in addition to the medicines for stomach aches. Just drink them when it hurts so bad, okay?" Build nods. "I'll give you vitamins. Drink them regularly and observe how it will affect your body. Take proper sleep and eat healthy. "

"Phi, how does it feel to live in a country with snow?" Build asked one morning while they were having breakfast.

"It's cold all year round." Than laughed.

"Do you still have the house there?" Build asked.

"Yes. In fact," Than side-eyed his father. "Dad bought the house while I was there."