CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

Wichapas suddenly became stiff. He felt something warm and furry on his lap. It kept moving on his lap but it never left. He looked down. He saw a kitten moving on his lap endlessly. It's black and so small. He lifted his hand and was about to pet the kitten but it suddenly laid on his lap. Its chest is moving up and down fast. The poor kitten lacks air. Wichapas caress its head. Suddenly, the kitten looked up at him. His eyes are pleading, it looks like he is asking for help. The kitten lifted one of its paws and touched Wichapas palm. Heat. There is unexplainable heat on the touch. And then the kitten slowly closed his eyes. Wichapas panicked. He tried waking up the kitten but it didn't open its eyes. Is it dead? He shook the poor thing but it didn't move. It's dead.

Wichapas gasps for air. A nightmare. He looked around, finding himself inside his office. He fell asleep last night on his office table. He saw sunlight seeping through the glass windows. It's late in the morning and waking up with a hangover and aching body is not a good start of the day. But what bothers him more is the dream. It felt real.

He grabbed a pack of cigarettes from his drawer and lit up.

Chat, Than and his father stayed in Build's room. Mr. Puttha is calmly sitting on the armchair near the window. Than and Chat stands near the foot of the bed, waiting for the bathroom door to open. Build is inside. Than told his brother to use the pregnancy test to confirm. At first, Build looked offended. He felt like his brother was mocking him. How could a nearly broken omega be pregnant?

"Why do you think he is pregnant?" Chat asked.

"The areas where he stays sometimes smell like fruit just like you say. I smelled the same in the kitchen before. He loved to eat a lot but he suddenly became picky. Before everything that happened, he refused to eat vegetables, especially the green ones. He vomited a lot. I hear him vomit every morning when I come to check on him. His sense of smell became sharp all of a sudden. I'm an omega, I know the symptoms." Than answered, still looking at the door.

"Do you think... I mean, is it possible?" Chat still can't believe it. Build never told him about those symptoms. If he did, he'll have the same suspicion as Than.

"I don't know. At this point, nothing is impossible." Than went near the door and knocked. "Build, you've been there for thirty minutes already. Are you done now?" But he received no answer. Pregnancy test only needs five minutes to get the result. "Please come out now."

They heard a click. Than stepped backwards and waited for the door to open. Build went out of the bathroom, pale and confused. He slowly lifted his hand and gave the small instrument to his brother. The older one grabbed it and checked. Mr. Puttha and Chat anxiously waited.

"Positive." Than whispered.

The room suddenly became silent. Everyone doesn't know what to say or what to do. Until Build spoke.

"Is that possible?" Build asked, staring into nothing.

"It is. The pregnancy test kit says positive so it could really happen." Than told his brother, tapping his back.

This can't be, Build thought. He left Wichapas to remove him from his life. But why is he given another one to think about? He will die soon and he will leave a life. He can't. This life inside him will grow up without him or...

Build held his belly.

Will he be able to give birth? Will he be able to live for nine months?

Tears started to flow.

"Hey, we're here. It's alright." Than tried to comfort his brother.

"I can't... This... I don't.." I don't want this kid to live without me.