CHAPTER SEVEN

Build can't help but feel uncomfortable. This is the very first time that a Lord visited their home. And unfortunately, his father is not here. Does his father have any business with him? But as far as he knows, for years of helping his father with the business, they don't have any connection. So, why is he here? Maybe to propose a business with their family. That's the biggest possibility he could think of. He looked at Lord Arphus trying to read what's on his mind. Until he realized that the staring game between Lord Arphus and Lord Wichapas was not done yet. Lord Arphus' right hand is placed inside his pocket, shoulders broad, chin up high and chest stuck out proudly. Lord Wichapas, on the other hand, looks calm but stares intently.

"Lord Arphus, your tea is ready." Aunt Praya appeared with a tray of hot tea. "You're back." He beamed when he saw Build and let out a sigh of relief. But her attention was caught by the man beside him, causing her to gasp. "Lord Wichapas." and then she paid respect. Aunt Praya couldn't determine what she's actually feeling right now. They never had any Lord guests at home before.

Wichapas broke the staring game and nodded to the middle aged woman with a small smile.

"I'll get you a cup of tea as well." Aunt Praya said but before she leaves, Build speaks.

"Auntie, do we still have the lemon balm tea you always make? Can I have it prepared for Lord Wichapas to bring home?" Build politely asked.

Aunt Praya nods, she knows Ta is sick and Build probably suggested the tea. "Alright. I'll have it prepared." and then she left with quick steps going back to the kitchen.

"Please wait a little while." Build softly touched him in the arm, an innocent act of being polite.

But the action caught Lord Arphus' eyes and squinted. Looking suspicious and challenged.

"Let's have a seat." Build told both of them.

They settled on the large living room. Lord Arphus sat back to where he was seated earlier. Wichapas sat across him and Build settled himself to an armchair, Lord Wichapas on his right and Lord Arphus on his left. He can sense a little tension in the air. But he was not sure where it was coming from. A housemaid entered the living room and placed a cup of tea for Build and Wichapas before she left.

"It's a surprise to see you here today, Lord Arphus. My father is away as of the moment. He has to attend to some urgent matters for business. Is there anything you want me to tell him?" Build displayed a polite smile once again.

"I deeply apologize for coming without giving any notice. I was sending your father a request for a meeting but he hasn't answered yet so I decided to just come and see him and you in person." Lord Arphus answered. "But it is also a surprise to see Lord Wichapas in your household." shifting his gaze to the man in front of him, who looked at him with the same intensity.

Build doesn't feel the need to explain that to him so he ignored the last statement. "As I have said, my father is currently busy. Maybe he hasn't seen the request. May I know the possible reason why you wanted to see us?"

Lord Arphus rested his back on the sofa. "I believe the matter I wanted to talk to you is highly confidential and must be discussed only between people who are concerned." Lord Arphus looked back again to Wichapas.

Lord Wichapas can't help but feel the anger starting to build up inside of him. The other man's low banters started to affect him. This is not his home and they are both guests here but why is he acting like he is someone ahead of him.

"It is a shame that I was seen as an interruption here." Wichapas started. Build was shocked with his response and was about to interrupt when Wichapas spoke again. "But as far as I remember, I was invited to this household."