Chapter 3

I banged and banged on the window. They both got out of the car.

"He knows where I am. He knows, he's gonna come, he's gonna find me." I kept blabbering on about him until James interrupted me.

"Who, what's going on?"

I replied trying to control myself. Tears steaming down my face.
"My university called... someone, accessed my information, it was him I know it was."

James tried to calm me down but failed. I must have looked like a crazy lady. Jake touched my arm, making me instantly calm down.

"Breath" he said with a smile. I nodded and took a few deep breaths. His touch sent a electrifying flutter. It made me feel safer.
"Let's go inside." He said with his arm leading me inside.

We sat down and I made coffee for everyone. We drank and spoke, James started.
"Where's your mom?" James asked

"She left for work an hour ago."

"Ok, does she know?"

"No, I ran to you guys first thing."

"Are you going to tell her?" He asked more like he was telling me not asking.

I shook my head and replied "No, she'll just worry and stress out."

"Ok well I'll have to call this in." I nodded and watched James walk out. It was just me and Jake sitting in the room together. It was awkward, I just smiled. I was desperate to talk to him but I didn't know what to say but he broke the silence.

"So" he coughed out "how are you?" he closed his eyes and shook his head rubbing his forehead with his hand. "That was a stupid question wasn't it?"

We both laughed "a little." I tilted my head as I said it and chuckled again. Our eyes met for a second, I could see his dimples. We stared until James walked back in interrupting our gaze, we turned to him immediately.

I scratched the back of my neck "so?"

"I've called it and we've been instructed to keep watch" he said looking at Jake. "But they're not taking it as a priority as there haven't been any direct threats that put your life in danger."

"What? Seriously, he's almost killed me once. What if this time he actually does it? What is the point in the police if when you ask for help they turn you down?"

James and Jake stared at me with wide eyes. It was a side they have never seen, it's a side I didn't even think I had.
"I'm sorry" I said feeling a little ashamed. "I'm just scared." I hid my face in my hands.

Jake started to speak "It's ok, we understand, this experience can be... stressful."

I lifted my head and smiled, looking down at my fluffy bunny slippers when I realised I was staring at him.

*cough, cough* "err..so do I still go to university?"

"Yeah, the plan is that Jake will drop you off to university and pick you up. I'll stay outside your home in an unmarked car incase he decides to visit."

"Ok, do you want something to eat or drink?"
They both looked at each other before answering.
"I'm fine, Jake?"

"Just a glass of water please."

"I'll meet you in the car." James said as he gave one last smile and left the house. I watched him walk out the room and heard the door close. I looked at Jake and smiled, I walked into the kitchen and he followed.

I got a glass and filled it with water. It was so quiet you could hear the refrigerator humming. I handed him the glass and leaned against the wooden Worktop. I watched him drink his water and looked away each time he looked at me. I couldn't help it, I got a feeling I've never felt before when I thought about him.