Chapter 29

Johns POV

I left Harley's house and went home.
"Bye, see you tomorrow."

"See you later." I walked down the street and made it home. I unlocked the door and walked into the living room. Mom and dad were both asleep, I took the plate out of my moms hand and put in into the sink. I grabbed the blanket from the end of the sofa and tucked them in before I re-entered the kitchen and washed the plate. I took one last glance at my mom and dad and turned off the TV. I walked up the steps and took a shower, hoping that by the time I finished my parents would be awake.

I got dressed and was about to walk downstairs when I saw my moms bedroom door open. Feeling as though it was calling out my name, I listened and entered the room.

There were papers scattered all over my moms bed with a lot of different numbers scribbled everywhere. I picked up one paper and it was about solicitors and wills. I was so confused so I decided to ask my mom once she woke up. I entered the living room but to my disappointment they were still asleep. I grabbed a jar of Nutella and made a sandwich. I switched on the TV and sat on the other sofa and watched. After a while my mom woke up, but my dad didn't. She got up slowly and rubbed her eyes and looked around, She saw me and smiled.

"When did you get home?"

"Around two."

"I would ask if you want something to eat but..."

I wanted to ask her so bad, and a little voice in my head kept nagging at me to ask, so I did.
"I was in your room and I saw papers everywhere and phone numbers for solicitors."

"You were adopted." She stood up and walked passed me into the kitchen.

"Mom seriously, it was about wills and stuff."

"John, I've told you I can't tell you why do you keep pestering me?!"

"Because your my mom and I want to know."

"Why?!"

"Because whatever's happening has been eating at you ever since dad got shot. You've been crying too, your eyes are red and watery."

"John, I'm fine. Stop worrying, your dad and I have it all sorted out."

"That's the thing it's always you and dad, I live here too you know."

My dad woke up.
"What's going on?"

My mom turned around.
"John keeps asking questions, he went in my room."

"John, come on, you know your not supposed to be in there."

"What else do you expect me to do?! There's something going on and no ones telling me what!"

"John" my mother said. "I told you, I can't."

"Why not?!"

"Because..."

"See you don't even have an answer."

A tear fell from her eye and she wiped it away. This isn't what I wanted, I didn't want to make her cry. She ran out and my dad looked at me. "I just want to know what's going on."