Chapter 25

I got another call from the hospital.
I sighed "for gods sake."

"Hello" I answered.

"Hello this is Chrissy. I was wondering if you decided yet, he asks about you all the time."

"When can I see him?"

"Today, would be great."

I hung up and didn't bother saying bye.
After work I made my way to the hospital. I finished a little earlier so I went to meet Ian.

I went to reception and was pointed in the right direction and noticed it was only a few doors away from Jakes room. I quickly ran passed Jakes room and walked into Ian's. I saw him with a nurse. They both turned to look at me as the door closed.

The nurse put her hand out and I shook it.
"Hello, you must be Kiera, I've heard a lot about you."

"From the news?" She coughed and walked out the room. I swallowed a lump in my throat.

"What do you want?" I asked

"Kiera, I just want to spend time with you. I'll be gone soon."

"Well, Jake doesn't want me to see you, so."

"Jake?" He looked puzzled.

"Yes Jake, he's my husband. I'm married and have a son. That's all you need to know."

"Kiera don't do this."

"Do what?"

"Push me out, and judge me by my mistakes."

"Well, I'm sorry but, your mistakes say a lot."

He began to choke. I grabbed a glass from the table and poured him a drink. He took it and started to gulp it down.

"Thank you" He smiled. "What's your sons name?"

"John."

He looked down and nodded. "I want you to know I am truly sorry for all my mistakes. I just want to die knowing that at least one person on this earth doesn't hate me."

"I don't hate you. I mean I kind of do but hate is a strong word, and after having John I realised I would do anything for him. I probably wouldn't kill people but, your dad was sick so, I can't really blame you I guess."

I felt sorry for him, so I said whatever I could to make him feel better even though I hated the sight of him. I took a seat next to him. He asked me questions about my life like how I was and if I was still studying or if I had a job, ect.

I sat with him for a couple minutes then decided to visit Jake.

"I've got to go now."

"Why? Stay a little while longer."

"I would but, honestly I can't. I'll visit again whenever I can." He nodded.

"Bye, I love you." He called out behind me.

I said bye but not I love you. I ignored the fact that he said that. I walked down to Jakes room. John was already there. I opened the door and sat with Jake.
"Mom where were you?"

"I had to stay a little longer at work, they had a problem with one of the dogs, but it's been sorted."

I turned and faced Jake.
"How are you feeling?"

"Not great, but I'm getting there."

"That's good."

"But mentally, I'm losing my mind, I can't stand staying in the same place for hours."