Chapter 21- I'm Pregnant

I woke up and ran to the bathroom to throw up. After a while Jake came in.

"Do you want to see a doctor?"

"No, it'll probably go tomorrow." I sat down on the toilet after I flushed it. "God I feel like sh*t."

Jake kept a distance, which I don't blame him for. "You could make me breakfast." I tried to smile but I was too sick.

"Okay, just lie down." He said and left.

I got a bucket and put it to the side. I lay back down and stared at the ceiling. All the pain around my body was all I could feel. I felt sick, had stomach aches, head aches, and that's just a little of the pain I was feeling. I closed my eyes for a few seconds before getting up to brush my teeth and do my hair. The smell of my breath was killing me. Once I came out I saw a tray with my breakfast on it I smiled and sat down. Jake came in with he's uniform on. He became a detective, he found that being a officer was insulting he's intelligence.

"Do you want me to take the day off and stay with you?"

"If you can take the day off then great, if you can't, don't worry about it."

"I'll phone in now and see." He left the room. I sat there and poked my food, I couldn't eat it. Jake came back in after a few seconds. "He didn't give me the day off. Hope you feel better, I'm getting late so I'll be off."

"Could you get me something's?"

"Sure, what do you want?"

"Just sugar, anything sugary, I'm just really craving it."

He smiled, nodded and left.

I put my hand up signalling a goodbye.
I didn't have the energy to do anything. I put the tray to the side a lay back down.

I woke up to the phone ringing. I got up and answered it.

"Hello?"

"Hello Kiera, how are you feeling dear? Jake tells me you were feeling very ill."

"Yeah I've just being throwing up a lot, I can't even eat."

"Do you get cravings?"

"Yes, I just really want sugar. How did you know?"

"Because dear, you're pregnant."

I sat there speechless, but it was ruined by the sickening feeling in my stomach.

"I'm sorry Maria but I think I'm going to throw up, I'll talk to you later." I hung up and sat on to sofa, the feeling that I was going to throw up grew. Once I got more energy I made my way back up stairs and fell asleep once again.

I woke up feeling much better and made my way downstairs. Jake was standing in the kitchen.

"Hey" I said weakly.

"Hi, you should sit down, I'm making dinner."

"Ahh, your cooking will make me feel worse" I joked and he replied

"I don't think you can get worse. Your stuff is on the counter."

"Oh, thank you so much." I took a seat in the kitchen.

"I got you some pain killers too."

"This is why I love you." I read the back of the packet just to make sure It didn't affect pregnant women. I argued with myself, wether or not I should tell Jake but I decided I should take a pregnancy test and make sure before I tell him.

I took some paracetamol and had another lie down on the sofa. I rested my eyes for a few minutes, then I was awoken by Jake.

"Kiera, your dinner." I sat up and grabbed a plate ready to eat.