Chapter 27

Kiera's POV

I was sitting next to Jake when Chrissy entered the room. I smiled at her but she didn't smile back.

"Hey, Jake this is Chrissy, Ian's nurse." He smiled but he wasn't too happy.

"Kiera, the reason I came in here is because, Ian's, passed away."

"What? But I was just in there a few minutes ago, and he looked fine."

"You went to see him again?" Jake interrupted.

"Not now Jake."

"Things like this, happen sometimes, he's in the other room if you want to say your goodbyes."

I nodded and walked out after her, I saw him lying on the bed. I walked towards him and held his hand and I gave him a kiss on the forehead.  I don't know why, after everything he did, I still care about what happens to him, I think that's what makes us different.

The door opened behind me and closed. Jake was sat there in the wheelchair.
"I was literally in here like five minutes ago."
A tear rolled down my cheek and I wiped it away. "He told me to get out, and that he couldn't do it anymore, so I left and went into your room. Then Chrissy comes in telling me his dead."

I couldn't help it anymore. I just began to cry. Visiting him at the hospital made me get closer to him and see an actual person, not a monster. Jake held my hand. "I would hug you but, I'm in a chair."

I laughed a little through my tears. Once I felt I had, had enough I found Chrissy and told her I finished saying goodbye.

"Oh I almost forgot" she pulled a folded piece of paper out of her pocket. "He wrote this for you and told me to give it to you, once he passed."
I took it and smiled.

I grabbed the handles of Jakes wheelchair and took him back to the room. I helped him back on to his bed and sat down. I took a deep breath and read out the letter.
"Dear Kiera,
If you're reading this, then it means I have passed. I know I have done a lot of unspeakable things and I deserve to die alone but I wanted to see you in my last days and be the father I never could be. You gave me a second chance and for that I am so grateful.
The world needs more people like you, kind, loving and forgiving. You've made my last days the best days of my life. I wish I could have been a better father, and not that maniac who kidnapped you twice.
I can not wait to see you again, one day. I hope you have a great life and I hope you have the best of luck in the future. I will always be with you, and guide you in the right direction.
Love your father, Ian.

Jake held my hand.
"What happens now?" Jake asked me.

"I don't know, I think we should have a funeral."

"Would anyone even come?"

"It doesn't have to be big, just a coffin put in the ground is fine." He gave me a forced smile.

"I've got good news."

"What?"

"I'll be out soon."

"Really, that is amazing."

John walked in the room and we both turned to look at him.
"John guess what!" I said with excitement inside of me.

"What?" He said as he slumped into a chair.

"Your dad gets to come home soon."

"Really?!" He said bubbling with excitement.

"Yeah." Jake answered.

"Awesome." John responded.

We sat quietly for a while. Until Jake asked John about his day.

"How was your day then?"

"Ok, it was the same but I have to do a project, and I have to be with the douche of the class."

"I always hated that." I said

"I got all the hot girls" Jake replied. Me and John looked at each other then looked back at Jake and laughed.

There was a knock at the door and Chrissy entered. "Kiera could I talk to you for a second?"

"Yeah sure." Jake held my hand

"Do you want me to come with you?"

"No, I should be fine. Stay with John."

I walked out the room after Chrissy.

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*
I know this chapter was short and probably didn't make sense but bare with me I'm getting there, I've just been so busy, but I'll update when I can.