Chapter 12

I woke up to a muffled conversation. I tried to force my eye lids open, but they weighed down, closing again. Once I finally had the strength, I sat up, blinking constantly until they were wide open. I held my head, groaning in pain, it felt like I had a hangover.

I didn't recognise the room I was in, I had never been here before. Judging by the contents in the room it belonged to a boy. There were marvel action figure and a Xbox plugged into the TV. Toys and games were scattered all over the floor, as well as some clothes. I looked at the sun rays shining through the window, I threw the blanket off me and made my way towards the window. All I could see were trees and fields, I was in the middle of no where. I opened the window to get a better look around. I raised my eyebrows at the house, it was beautiful.

The stinging pain coming from my head brought me back to what was important. I looked in my jacket that was hanging from the bed for my phone, it wasn't there. I looked for my car keys too and to my disappointment they were also gone.

I put on my jacket and made my way downstairs, being careful not to make any noise. I walked down the stairs slowly trying not to make them creek. I could hear the conversation better now, I could hear laughter. It was a female and males voice. That's when I realised it was my mom. My eyes widened in shock, I couldn't leave her.

"Mom?" I followed the sound of the voices. I turned round the corner to see the living room. I stood there, froze, not able to move. Fear started to eat at me, seeing him just sitting there brought back so many memories. My thoughts were interrupted by my moms arms wrapping around me, pulling me into a tight hug.

"Kiera, I'm so glad you're okay."

I didn't reply I just stood there, not knowing what to do. My fear soon became anger, when he started to speak.

"I'm glad you're awake. Kate can come across quiet, aggressive."

"That was your idea you pr*ck. I did as you said, why did you need to get her involved?"

"I couldn't give away our location, could I, I had no choice, sorry."

"I don't care, mom lets go."

She shook her head. "No."

"Why not? What did you say to her?" I said pushing past my mom ready to punch him.

"Nothing Kiera."

"Mom this isn't funny, let's go. You said you would let her go as soon as I came." I said addressing him.

"No I didn't. I just asked if you wanted to see her and I told you what to do if you did, and here you are."

I clenched my fists, looking at the stupid grin on his face p*ssed me off. I ran at him, putting my hands around his throat. He fell back on to the table. Watching him chock was satisfying, but before I could do any real damage I was dragged back by my mother.

"HE DESERVES TO DIE! HE KILLED DAD AND HE TRIED TO KILL ME!"
I let out all my anger on my mom. "How the hell can you protect him? After everything he put us through."

"Kiera, I'm sorry." Ian said rubbing his throat.

"Shut up, I don't care about what you have to say." I took a deep breath. "We don't have time for this."
I grabbed my moms arm and dragged her out.

"Kiera stop." My mom pleaded.

I ignored her and carried on.

"Zoe remember what will happen if you walk out that door." Ian chased after us, trying to stop me. He grabbed my moms other arm. I turned to face him.

"I knew you said something to her." I looked at my mom. "What's going to happen?"
She stayed quiet, like she didn't understand what I was saying. "MOM!"